Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Help in finding new 559 x 24 (26 x 1.75) rim

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-20, 02:53 PM
blackbomber

Bikes: 1932 Simmons Banner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 14 Posts

Not sure which forum to post this, so starting with BMX. I'm trying to build a wheelset for my new main bike, and can't find the specific rims I want. Here is what I'm looking for:

Must haves:
  • 26" / 559mm BSD
  • 24mm internal width (can be a little wider, no narrower).
  • Rim brake profile
  • Double wall
  • Eyeleted
  • 36 spoke (would prefer a 36 rear and 32 front, but would live with 36 /36)
  • Silver (all silver)
Nice to have:
  • Presta valve
  • Reasonable price shipped to my US (Eastern) address.
There is at least one new bike I can buy today with rims that fit all these requirements: The Rivendell Clem Smith Jr. in 45cm frame comes with the Alex DM24, which is exactly what I would like. I just can't find them (or anything similar) anywhere. I'm sure I'm missing something. I get that rim brakes and silver aren't exactly in demand, but still.... I haven't checked Velocity, or other top end options, I'd like to stay under $80 for the pair if possible. I did find an option in Germany on eBay. They are 36h only, and Schrader. I can live with that, but am hoping I'm missing a more exact match. Can anyone offer a suggestion?
Old 05-03-20, 08:00 PM
uncleivan 

Bikes: '92 MX Leader, 84 Colnago Mexico, 85 Recherche, 86 Panasonic ATB Pro, 88 Roberts, 80 moser... ect

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 67 Posts
Sun Rhinolites