Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bionx D series 48v battery problem

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 12:20 AM
apper_on

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I am wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this issue I am having with the bionx D series kit with rc3 thumb controller I have. After storing the 48v battery over the winter I put the charger on the battery to wake it up from sleep mode. instead of getting a solid green light at the end of the charging cycle I am getting a flashing green light which looks like it means overcharged. When I put it on the bike it shows full battery on the meter but I am loosing torque while the battery meter is still showing a full battery. I tried to recharge it again with the same end result flashing green light. I then rode it and drain the battery a bit more seemed to last longer this time the battery meter on the RC3 thumb controller drops two dots and charge it again but still get the flashing green light instead of the solid green light I am supposed to get at the end of the cycle.

Has anyone experienced this same issue and more importantly how do I fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-02-23, 01:47 AM
inegrin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you resolved the issue, I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

Originally Posted by apper_on
I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I am wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this issue I am having with the bionx D series kit with rc3 thumb controller I have. After storing the 48v battery over the winter I put the charger on the battery to wake it up from sleep mode. instead of getting a solid green light at the end of the charging cycle I am getting a flashing green light which looks like it means overcharged. When I put it on the bike it shows full battery on the meter but I am loosing torque while the battery meter is still showing a full battery. I tried to recharge it again with the same end result flashing green light. I then rode it and drain the battery a bit more seemed to last longer this time the battery meter on the RC3 thumb controller drops two dots and charge it again but still get the flashing green light instead of the solid green light I am supposed to get at the end of the cycle.

Has anyone experienced this same issue and more importantly how do I fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-04-23, 09:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by inegrin
Have you resolved the issue, I'm having the same problem. Thanks.
Considering this thread is 3 years old and the OP only made one post and the entire thread was only that one post and Bionix is long out of business it is unlikely you will get a useful response from them but there are some people on the internet who have held on to that old technology and keep it working that have posted in various places. Google will help you find it.
Old 08-05-23, 11:18 AM
powell

Bikes: E+ kit, BIONX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
BIONX out of business - does not matter , my 2 BIONX bikes are going strong.
It is not a problem only with BIONX.
first to reset , to recalibrate SOC battery meter you have to drain battery so the bike shut down
dont know what green flashing on charger means, never had such thing.
what I would try is to disconnect electronics inside battery pack from battery cells, those charging electronics must be depowered so the chip controlling charging and SOC curcuit can reset itself. also I would measure volage of cells pack.
there must be main terminal which connect cells to electronics inside battery