Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show Us your Covid 19/Lockdown Covid Builds!...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show Us your Covid 19/Lockdown Covid Builds!...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-20, 08:38 PM
mikemowbz

Bikes: Are several.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by geluzj
Awesome... can't wait to see the final result. Love the fillet brazing and that color is incredible!
Thanks. Just need to service/re-assemble the rear wheel to get this one done - as soon as I get a little break from work, this will come together.

I also need to sort out a boxy rando bag...RuthWorks currently in the lead, with Swift close behind.

The colour really is striking, and the fillets are some of the best I've seen.

Interesting geo, very tall but short in the TT...which is how it came to me (not enough reach for the previous owner).

I'll post pics - even a proper thread - I promise!
Likes For mikemowbz:
Old 06-01-20, 06:16 AM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
Finished up my 1983 Pinarello Turismo a week or so ago, had the maiden voyage on Saturday morning. The only issue was that the front brake lever slipped a bit on the bars, but that was a quick fix. I'm going to lace some new rims to the hubs, polished TB14 rims with DT Swiss DB spokes, and gumwall Vittoria clinchers. I'll polish the hubs once they're free of the old spokes.

I bought this bike almost 2 years ago, so this has been a long time coming together. Finally it's rideable. Seems a little flexier (is that a word?) than some other bikes I have, but it rides very well. Columbus SL tubes.

Here's a link to the gallery. I actually took photos as I was working on the build. I've planned to do that with other builds, but just found myself continuing to work on the build. Pinarello Turismo build gallery

Old 06-01-20, 08:30 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 960 Posts
Well this is not my build, but is very worthy of noting. This is the TdF I sold recently.

It had multiple coats of paint on it when sold. The TdF paint was stripped and painted the yellow.
Old 06-01-20, 09:23 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts

Another Bianchi Campione D'Italia here. Picked this up last year in neglected, but otherwise pretty good shape. Full Mirage 8 speed group that is surprising nice considering it was essentially bottom of the range. I overhauled the right Ergopower, the rear derailleur, trued the wheels (only needed minor adjustments) and just cleaned everything up. I can't believe how well the bike shifts with this group. Apologies for the clashing saddle and bar tape...
Old 06-01-20, 11:34 AM
dunrobin

Bikes: colnago titanio oval master, pinarello treviso es, centurion prestige, tomac ti 26er, lemond buenos aires, mbk 753, vitus 992 and zx1, rocky mountain hammer disc,bd century titanium, specialized venge expert

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 20 Posts

Sold this Venge Expert because I had built up a canyon ultimate evo for my 50th and carbon isn't collectible..

Got this back from my brother when I gave him a hybrid that was more his cup of tea.
Had Centaur on.. Switched to some chorus 10 speed stuff and ordered some cheap decals from the UK that were better than expected and put on some power grip pedals for neighborhood cruising... Just an awesome fun riding bike...
Also sold a motobecane century titanium frameset that was a size too large...

Also built up two bikes for my son.. A Rocky mountain hammer and a ribble with parts from my sold ti.
Old 06-03-20, 10:30 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
1988 nishiki olympic 58cm steel before and after pics.

Likes For diphthong:
Old 06-03-20, 02:59 PM
stykthyn

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
83 ph11. Dura ace 7900 dt shifters, 7800 rear mech, cassette, and chain. Topped it all off with stone fresh fizik classic touch.

Old 06-03-20, 03:31 PM
rocks in head 
...addicted...

Bikes: 1985 Alpine, 2007 IRO Rob Roy, 1985 Ross Mt. Whitney, 1991 Diamondback Master TG

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts

Likes For rocks in head:
Old 06-03-20, 04:51 PM
Dilberto

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
1998 Cannondale F1000

So, while staying at-home.... I found this Craigslist garage bike, for $150/shipped. I immediately sold the cranks to a Cannondale enthusiast, for $80. With an acquisition cost of $70 adjusted - I decided to restore this fine example back to full, 1997-98 factory Volvo-Cannondale race glory. Little did I realize.... COVID19 has sent bike demand skyrocketing, making vintage parts prices nearly TRIPLE now!!!

It's alright, I'm deep into the build now... all thanks, to TrumpCash. Here is the bike, before seller boxed it up for me:

Everything shown, is up for sale.... except: FRAME, HEADSET, BRAKE LEVERS, SEATPOST CLAMP...

Last edited by Dilberto; 06-03-20 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-03-20, 04:53 PM
gsulit@shaw.ca

Bikes: Bianchi Cielo, Marinoni Special, Miyata 914, Brodie Tourque.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Miyata 618GT

1980's ( not sure exactly when ) Miyata 618 GT I picked up last week. Frame is in excellent condition. Just repacked bearings on both wheels, bottom bracket and headset. Ordered Kool Stop Claw 2 salmon pads from Amazon and will also replace cables and housing. Still thinking whether to replace handlebar or not as I am getting used to it. Trolling the local used market for a leather seat. It will be my bike to go around the neighborhood running some errands and picking up groceries and other minor stuff. It is not really a build, more like fixing it up a little.

Last edited by gsulit@shaw.ca; 06-03-20 at 04:58 PM.
Likes For gsulit@shaw.ca: