Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Comparable to Sirrus X

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Comparable to Sirrus X

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-20, 03:50 PM
h20man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comparable to Sirrus X

Is there a bike out there that is comparable to a Sirrus X? A bike that does well on the street and on gravel/dirt packed trails with similar geometry and specs? Looking for a flat bar like the Sirrus X.
Old 05-17-20, 08:15 PM
FM1178

Bikes: Specialized Roll & Trek Fuel Ex 8

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Similar in what way? Rigid fork with a wider tire? Giant Toughroad SLR? Jamis sequel? The Sirrus X is an awesome bike, but is also kind of a black sheep in that it is fairly unique.
Old 05-17-20, 09:09 PM
h20man

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FM1178
Similar in what way? Rigid fork with a wider tire? Giant Toughroad SLR? Jamis sequel? The Sirrus X is an awesome bike, but is also kind of a black sheep in that it is fairly unique.
Yes, rigid fork, little wider tire capable of more then just road surfaces. I'm surprised there aren't more options like it. Seems like a very versatile bike.
Old 05-17-20, 09:47 PM
jimmyodonnell

Bikes: Specialized Langster SS Specialized Sirrus X 4

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts
I suggest Canyon Pathlite as a flatbar option, although there are differences . . .
Canyon runs 2x chainring while Sirrus X is a 1x, and Canyon has a suspension fork while Sirrus X has a straight fork (carbon on the higher priced models and AL on the lower).

Cannondale's Quick line has a CX model that sort of fits this category but I gathered it's more a pavement hybrid than a gravel bike . . . that's what I've gathered, maybe if you ride one you'd know better.

I just bought four Sirrus X models last week -- I bought 4.0s for myself and my 14-yr old son, and I bought 3.0s for my 12-yr old sons.
I had pretty much decided to get the Pathlite, but Canyon keeps moving the avail date for my sizing later and later, it's now in mid-June, so when I found a Sirrus X in my size I jumped on it.

Have you decided AGAINST a Sirrus X, is that why you're seeking comparable options?
Old 05-18-20, 04:41 PM
h20man

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyodonnell
I suggest Canyon Pathlite as a flatbar option, although there are differences . . .
Canyon runs 2x chainring while Sirrus X is a 1x, and Canyon has a suspension fork while Sirrus X has a straight fork (carbon on the higher priced models and AL on the lower).

Cannondale's Quick line has a CX model that sort of fits this category but I gathered it's more a pavement hybrid than a gravel bike . . . that's what I've gathered, maybe if you ride one you'd know better.

I just bought four Sirrus X models last week -- I bought 4.0s for myself and my 14-yr old son, and I bought 3.0s for my 12-yr old sons.
I had pretty much decided to get the Pathlite, but Canyon keeps moving the avail date for my sizing later and later, it's now in mid-June, so when I found a Sirrus X in my size I jumped on it.

Have you decided AGAINST a Sirrus X, is that why you're seeking comparable options?
I pretty much decided on a Sirrus X but was having a hard time finding one in my size in a two-three hour radius. Did find a 4.0 a few hours away so it's still a possibility.
Old 05-20-20, 07:21 PM
jimmyodonnell

Bikes: Specialized Langster SS Specialized Sirrus X 4

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by h20man
I pretty much decided on a Sirrus X but was having a hard time finding one in my size in a two-three hour radius. Did find a 4.0 a few hours away so it's still a possibility.
I searched thoroughly in Florida and Georgia before finding mine. I landed two in local shops near me (Ft Lauderdale) and I ordered two from Specialized which they shipped to my local shop. I can share any of my leads if that geography interests you. Considering circumstances of the limited supply, some shops might be wiling to flex on their shipping policies (typically local shops won't ship outside their local area, I'm sure that's a brand / manufacturer condition for the retailers).

I will let you know that I completely struck out looking for Sirrus X 2.0s, I learned from local shops that Specialized makes fewer 2.0s than 3.0s and 4.0s. I ended up buying two 4.0s and two 3.0s. I didn't not consider 5.0s or search for them, because three of mine are for kids who will outgrow the sizing in a few years. I'm quite happy with my 4.0 thus far, but I've owned it only one week. Best of luck finding yours, let me know if I can help with further intel.