Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Another Bianchi Premio

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-20, 01:25 AM
ericdreams

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Bianchi Premio

Hey, I'm new here. I just snagged this Bianchi Premio this week.
I've been scouring this forum to figure out what I have exactly but I'm still confused about certain details.
Even the colour as the turquoise doesn't match the usual Bianchi turquoise... No serial numbers to be found anywhere.

Edit: obviously I can't post pics but I've uploaded them in my gallery.
My album is: www.bikeforums.net/g/album/18006628
If someone can post it. Thanks!
Old 06-01-20, 11:25 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The decal style is 1988 to 1989 but based on the round Campione del Mondo decal, this should be a 1988 Premio. The serial number will provide confirmation of the manufacture date. It has obviously been extensively rebuilt, as this model did not use centre-pull brakes and the Shimano 400LX rear derailleur was not available in 1988 or even 1989. It even has mismatched crankarms.
Old 06-01-20, 09:00 PM
ericdreams

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Welcome to the forums. The decal style is 1988 to 1989 but based on the round Campione del Mondo decal, this should be a 1988 Premio. The serial number will provide confirmation of the manufacture date. It has obviously been extensively rebuilt, as this model did not use centre-pull brakes and the Shimano 400LX rear derailleur was not available in 1988 or even 1989. It even has mismatched crankarms.
Ah wow, thanks for all these details! It helps a lot. Good to know about 1988.

Any idea what’s the exact color? It was listed as turquoise but comparing other turquoise Bianchis on the forum, it’s not a match.

Is it possible that the serial number is somewhere non-visible? It’s not under the BB nor anywhere as is...
Old 06-02-20, 11:57 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Check the bottom of the seat tube for the serial number.