Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

GM to make e-bikes

Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

GM to make e-bikes

Old 12-01-18, 09:53 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
I think they actually do have a car that I would consider buying... a Chevrolet BOLT, 380KMs/240miles on a charge, the downsides is that going farther is still "iffy" tho there are more and more charging stations everywhere, there's 3 in my town already. 20 minutes and you are good for 80% of the full charge. The car is even "affordable", my friend has one and they just love it, they also have a roof solar panel system on their house, every month they get moneys from the electric company instead of paying the electric company and gasoline company...

EDIT; If I, had that set up I would not need to pay about $1,100. a year for electricity, and about $2,200. a year for gas/diesel a year... $3,300. a year, X10 years = $33,000, WOW No wonder my friend did that. I wonder how much he gets paid from the electric company every year... Next time we meet I will ask him.
You should try emailing the url from this post to GM's loyalty department and see if they can get you a discount for promoting their product on a forum for car-free living.
Old 12-01-18, 10:03 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
You should try emailing the url from this post to GM's loyalty department and see if they can get you a discount for promoting their product on a forum for car-free living.
Ha, Ha,... I also said in another post that when GM went bankrupt I was part of the reason why they went bankrupt… Because I decided their products/their warranty sucked, and haven't bought a GM product for the last 25 years...
Old 12-01-18, 10:55 PM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,017 Times in 571 Posts
if you want the really logical rational functioning product, you have to pay more than for all the semi-disabled models that have a lower sticker price.
In other words, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-02-18, 09:37 AM
tandempower

Originally Posted by 350htrr
Ha, Ha,... I also said in another post that when GM went bankrupt I was part of the reason why they went bankrupt… Because I decided their products/their warranty sucked, and haven't bought a GM product for the last 25 years...
You imply that you have some responsibility to keep the company in business. They sell products. You can buy them or not. You are not responsible for providing them with revenue or preventing bankruptcy, etc. Business and people who lose revenue/income can come up with new ways to sustain themselves. If nothing else, there is always farming.
Old 12-02-18, 09:39 AM
tandempower

Originally Posted by jon c.
In other words, you get what you pay for.
No, some businesses make inferior products with limited functionality to justify a broader range of pricing.

What they could also do is simply produce more high quality products and sell them at a lower price to cover their costs.
Old 12-02-18, 09:54 AM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,017 Times in 571 Posts
No, some businesses make inferior products with limited functionality to justify a broader range of pricing.

You can buy them or not.
As you seem to recognize, the market will determine if functionality warrants the price being charged.
Old 12-02-18, 12:28 PM
tandempower

Originally Posted by jon c.
As you seem to recognize, the market will determine if functionality warrants the price being charged.
In general, I don't appreciate having to pay more for higher quality when it doesn't take more labor to produce that level of quality. It would be like me fixing your brake cables and adjusting them in a bad or uneven way for one price, and adjusting them better for a higher price, even though it would take me the same amount of time to adjust them either way. In my work ethic, if I am spending 10 minutes to adjust your brakes, I'm going to do it right and the price I ask is the price, take it or leave it. Of course, if you really wanted to negotiate the price down, I would listen to your story and maybe give you a discount for some reason or other, but I wouldn't intentionally give you an inferior product/service because you are paying less, unless that saved me time, effort, materials, or something else of value.