Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Trek 520 with Reynolds 501?

Old 09-21-19, 07:17 PM
vintagerando

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Trek 520 with Reynolds 501?

I looked at a Craiglist Trek 520.....components shot, or missing, wheels beat up. I told the seller the value was in the frame and fork. I offered $100; seller was not interested. Per the seller "on eBay these sell for.....".
Guess it doesnt matter b/c there is no "meeting of the minds" on this one. But, generally, what is the frame/fork worth? (good condition, no rust, scratches, etc).
I think its a 1983.
Old 09-21-19, 08:19 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
As for the frame fork near perfect $150-175 as described about $100. The Seller is way out if tune with the current market while great bikes pre 92 Ameican Treks just aren't getting the price they were a few years ago.
Old 09-22-19, 07:01 PM
vintagerando

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Seller wants $400 b/c this Trek has the EX Powercam on it...all the components are beat up and mis-matched. Tried to buy the frame/fork; not happening.