Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Weekend Ride Reports -- March 28/29

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-20, 07:28 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts

Are you still riding in the midst of what's happening? Tell us about your rides, or other sports, inside or out.
Old 03-29-20, 09:08 AM
nesdog

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Disc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 39 Posts
36 Socal miles yesterday. Thankfully, we are still allowed to ride while under lockdown. Meantime, all hiking trails, beaches and parks are closed around here.
Old 03-29-20, 09:18 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
100km on Zwift today - did 5 laps around the Watopia Sands and Sequoias route, so that it wasn't entirely all flat, and there were dinosaurs too.
Likes For atwl77:
Old 03-29-20, 06:10 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,272 Times in 1,274 Posts
All things considered, we are hanging in there in eastern Ventura County Southern California. I rode to Ventura where my shop is and back to Santa Paula. Only saw a couple of other cyclists out on this beautiful spring day. I got my 30 miles in before the wind came up. Staying away from multi use “paths” and opting for bike lanes in unpopular areas. Following the ten meter plan for distancing and it was easy today. Joe

Likes For Kabuki12:
Old 03-30-20, 01:31 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Allergies finally eased up a bit for the weekend. Rain next week may help ... or make it worse.

32 miles Friday -- very warm and windy. Texas bluebonnets are peeking and the scent was noticeable without stopping my bike. Probably a good indicator my sinus congestion is somewhat relieved, if I can smell anything at all.

36 miles Sunday. Cooler, less windy.

Not really seeing any change in response to the coronavirus pandemic among local cyclists. Officially, most local groups have announced they're suspending group rides for the time being. Unofficially, many people are still riding in groups. Lots of "won't happen to me/us" attitudes.
Old 03-30-20, 10:02 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
Nice bike weather this week. On the warm/hot side already, but no rain and wind is manageable. Thursday did my evening ride for 26 miles. The lock down started this weekend, but exercise (biking) is exempt. I went out for 41 miles on Saturday to Weedon Is. It has been awhile since I was over there. Sunday my legs were a little sore so I took it easy the first 10 miles and rode around Ybor city, then went to Davis Is. and Spanish American war park for 42 miles total. The lack of traffic is great. However, the city and county have closed all the parks which concentrates the runners, walkers and cyclist together in fewer spots. There is also a large number of novice riders out. They tend to meander all over the road or ride the wrong way. I have to stay on my toes.
Old 03-30-20, 10:14 AM
slowgo

Bikes: Cervélo R3, Specialized Tarmac, Raleigh Redux

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 25 Posts
Rode the last three days.
Friday-did a 24 mile loop at dawn. Wasn’t really feeling it. Felt fatigued. Tough ride. Got home, left the bike on the porch and went through the garage. Came out the front door to wheel the bike into the house and it was tough to roll. Noticed my rear brake caliper was maladjusted and the brake pad was rubbing on the rim!

Saturday-did 33 miles with a buddy. Stopped at the bike shop/coffee bar about 30 miles in. They were steadily busy, cyclists stopping in for take out coffees, good to see. Bought a Crowler of Racer 5 and carried it home in my jersey pocket.

Sunday-did a 31 mile loop to our international airport. Eerily quiet with hundreds of rental cars being stored out in a field beside the terminal parking lot. Very weird feeling.
Old 03-30-20, 10:35 AM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Had rain on the weekend but got in 23 miles on Thursday and 25 on Friday. Flat and mild ride. This is winter after all.
Old 03-30-20, 03:42 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4929 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Sunday solo roll...34 miles, 2350' climbing. Temps in the high-50s to low-60s. Not many cars out, even on normally-busy major streets. Without a pack to hide in, this was definitely bumping up against my endurance limits, and was a lot more climbing than I've done in a very long time. It was damned enjoyable!
Old 03-30-20, 03:53 PM
SashaSolitaire

Bikes: Felt F4SL 2009 Ultegra 6600 grouppo, Trek 7.3FX, RadRunner Plus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Went for a 55 mile ride in rainy Westchester county yesterday. Mid 40s, and pretty much no cars to be seen around. There were commercial trucks but not as many as usual. Strong crosswinds, but an enjoyable ride through out. Saw 4 or 5 bikers and a lot of walkers/joggers on a 5 mile trail section that I prefer taking.Having been biking daily around the neighborhood with my older daughter (9 yrs old) and the 1/4 loop has about 150 ft of climbs.