Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Stolen Cinelli - Reward

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Stolen Cinelli - Reward

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-20, 01:59 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts
Duterte’s views on a lot of things seem a bit overboard, I know that we need social distancing but shooting folks because they are out seems "overkill"..(pun intended).
How would one know if the person shot was on a grocery run or buying medication....shoot first ask questions later? seems like a great way to grab a headline.

We are in the shape we are because we were slow to respond and are now paying the price for this...remember when we were "only" 15 and it will magically go away a miracle..honesty is always the best policy and we were sold a bill of goods...covid was not taken seriously.

We now face a pandemic that no one saw coming except the professionals/advisors, give some of us a little credit for remembering what officials were telling use....BTW why are states bidding against one another for medical supplies?....It would be nice if we truly did put America first and worked together and for a change help one another...are there corporations charging what the market will bear...if so why/who are they?

Pardon the rant but the bike is just that a bike, personally I would never harm anyone unless I felt my family or I were in jeopardy..but that's just me.
Best, Ben

I know this is off topic so feel free to delete the post, Ben

Last edited by xiaoman1; 04-02-20 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 03:06 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26402 Post(s)
Liked 10,374 Times in 7,203 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
It breaks my heart to think that this Cinelli has been rattle-canned and is being mistreated...but it's pretty likely.
...if it helps you to feel better, we used to get tweaker bikes that ended up donated to the co-op (minus a lot of the original parts.) That's where I scored a Raleigh Pro Mk IV ten or twelve years ago that consisted of frame and fork (spray painted black), with a mattress saddle and upright bars on it. It had no wheels, and the brakes and derailleurs had gone walkabout, but it still had the original Campy headset and crank on it. I smoothed out that paint, and gave it a couiple of coats of black lacquer, and put it back together with stuff I had around to see if I liked the ride. So for a while, it looked like this.

I finally decided that I like it well enough to repaint it in a style closer to original, so now it looks like this.

I just finished reassembling it, and plan to take it out on a short shakedown (to see if I got everything torqued and adjusted right) later this afternoon.

All older bicycles have a story, and sometimes there are unhappy chapters. But a Cinelli of that era is recognizable enough that it will probably provide some other person an interesting project somewhere down the line. Sometimes I wonder about the amount of work created for the more responsible citizens by those less appropriate in manners and maturity. But I earned my living in emergency services, so it's natural for me to sometimes wax nostalgic about the idiots who prvided me an honest living.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 04-02-20, 04:22 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
Especially now with revenues down, police patrol's hours will be at a minimum, and vigilantism will fill the vacuum.
We'll, one should take that very seriously. Right now the odds are looking like it may be for real.

Not to be funny either. From the insides FBI

Firstly, law enforcement are being physically affected by this virus, hence it causes disruption within those agencies and department's.

Next, US is unique in some respects vs other countries, especially Asian in that we have the 2nd amendment with a lot of population that use that freedom. Unlike centralised govt and easier to herd people of China, etc..

Continue with that thought and why the US is downplaying the use or need of mask for the general public. Very unlike a more successful battle of the virus in Taiwan (learned much from prior SARs outbreak) and China, whom not only produce 86% of all mask, and its readily available to thier people.

Hold that thought for a moment as well.

China has a massively large surveillance system everywhere. The cams and facial recognition is highly used. The masses are easily controlled if one disobey, you and your family will have no recourse. So behavior by fear is most common, knowing surveillance is all around, the govt can better control. Civilian crime rates are low per population.

So, back to the USA with 2nd amendment big population in big cities. We too have very sophisticated cams, facial recognition and surveillance. Chicago certainly does, but ironically has strict gun controls yet one of the highest violent crime rates.

With that, could you imagine the luxury of criminals along with wearing by govt order, the public requirement of wearing safety health mask? Those cams won't do what the billions they cost, should be doing. The law enforcement has big problems and if they lose grip, here comes martial law.

Last edited by crank_addict; 04-02-20 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 04:28 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,590 Times in 3,780 Posts
Thread has gone way, way too political to keep alive in C&V.

Closed.
Likes For cb400bill: