Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Brooks Cambium C13... any users out there

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-20, 12:31 PM
ccinnz

Bikes: Guru Praemio, Colnago CLX, 80's Avanti Giro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Hi All
Are there any C13 users out there?
I am looking to put a C13 on one of my bikes and am wondering if anyone has had any compatibility issues with the oval rails and their seatpost.
I have had good, comfort, results with the Swift and Team Pro on my 2 other bikes so thought I would move to the C13 on my Colnago CLX. Prompted due to extreme saddle soreness from the current saddle.
Thanks in advance
Carlton
Old 01-09-20, 12:39 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,964 Times in 4,689 Posts
As long as your saddle clamp has the bolts running vertically (i.e., you tighten them from underneath the saddle), it should be fine. A few seatpost mfrs do offer a special clamp for oval rails (I think Thomson is one of them).

I find the Brooks C15 saddle to work well for me, but I did not get on with the C13 in the 140mm width. Just couldn't find a comfy position. Was a shame, since it is a great-looking saddle and relatively light (for a Brooks, anyway).
Likes For Koyote:
Old 01-09-20, 10:53 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4356 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
I have 5 C17s and one C13 (in the wider version) and I love them. Very comfortable for my butt and perineum. In terms of the carbon rails they work just fine on my Ritchey Classic Post but I haven't tried it on anything else as those all have C17s or another saddle (because I haven't put a C17 on it yet or I am choosing to use something different for some reason or another).

Check with your seat post manufacturer about compatibility and if nothing else just pick up a C15 or C17 (depending on your sit bone width) and add a touch of weight for some added comfort (assuming your butt likes it) I am not really a weight weenie but I don't like to add extra weight for no reason but for comfort it is well worth it.
Likes For veganbikes: