Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

rigid fork for mtb

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

rigid fork for mtb

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 05:32 PM
ernestocolnago

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rigid fork for mtb

I would like to change from a susp fork to a rigid disc ( 26 inch ) fork on a hard tail [Kona Caldera] . I want to be able to place fenders and possibly rack/ low rider eyelets [essentially looking for a road touring type fork for 26 inch wheels ]. I looked at pix of Kona project 2 fork but dont see how fenders/rack can be used.
Can anyone recommend a fork. Intended use is road/path riding, commuting, errands, etc.
thank you!
Old 12-09-07, 06:22 PM
kenhill3
use your best eye

Bikes: '75 Bertin, '93 Parkpre Team 925, '04 Kona King Kikapu, '05 Bianchi Vigorelli

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ernestocolnago
I would like to change from a susp fork to a rigid disc ( 26 inch ) fork on a hard tail [Kona Caldera] . I want to be able to place fenders and possibly rack/ low rider eyelets [essentially looking for a road touring type fork for 26 inch wheels ]. I looked at pix of Kona project 2 fork but dont see how fenders/rack can be used.
Can anyone recommend a fork. Intended use is road/path riding, commuting, errands, etc.
thank you!
Hopefully you'll get better at doing your own searches as time goes on. Here's a page of 11 rigid forks, 9 of which are disc ready, some even have eyelets for fender/rack: https://www.jensonusa.com/store/sub/1...ks.aspx?s=1618
Old 12-09-07, 08:14 PM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
konaworld.com in their online store, and bikeman.com also have several variations of the Kona P2 fork, some with eyelets for rack/fenders.

It's a very nice riding fork; IMO, better than some other, more expensive options. Especially considering how cheap it can be found. Check e-Bay as well.

And get to your local Kona dealer; chances are good they may have a few P2 forks hanging around. Even the Basic one has one set of rack/fender mounts. Depending on your full setup, you may have to get creative with your disc brake side fender mount. I've mounted several fenders on disc forks though, and it's not too hard to work around. There are even special hardware sets for doing so, if you want.
Old 12-09-07, 10:07 PM
JasonJ

Bikes: 2007 Salsa El Santo / 2004 Salsa La Raza / 1998 Gary Fisher Wahoo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Winwood Purist and it's a nice fork but corrected for suspension, so you can't run fenders on it. I didn't know this when I bought it because I didn't do my research.

Nashbar sells a carbon 26" fork that is non-suspension corrected (for for less than 80 mm squishy forks) and will accept fenders, V-brakes and discs -- no rack mounts, though. I'm actually thinking of getting one for my wife's old Trek 820 this winter.

Good luck!

Jason

Last edited by JasonJ; 12-09-07 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-09-07, 10:17 PM
RT
The Weird Beard

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Webcyclery.com - I have two of the Surly 1x1, and they rock. Nashbar also has a fork...
Old 12-10-07, 06:39 AM
Hasselhof

Bikes: Merida Espresso 600 EQ

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Got an On-One Superlight Carbon fork on my single speed. Its ****ing awesome. Light as hell, rides nice and looks sweet. No weight limit like the Pace carbon forks and it looks overbuilt as hell so should cope with similar bashings you might deal out to a CroMo fork