Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

2003 Felt F65 Roadbike?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

2003 Felt F65 Roadbike?

Old 05-19-19, 07:50 PM
PantherBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 Felt F65 Roadbike?

Hey!

I found a 2003 Felt F65 Roadbike for sale and was wondering if it's any good and worth $280. It was used previously for training and according to him it's in great condition. There is no frame damage or rust, and only has minor scratches. It has Shimano 105 components 9-speed, and a carbon fork.

This is the first roadbike that I'm buying, and I'm still a little clueless.
Old 05-19-19, 09:27 PM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by PantherBike
Hey!

I found a 2003 Felt F65 Roadbike for sale and was wondering if it's any good and worth $280. It was used previously for training and according to him it's in great condition. There is no frame damage or rust, and only has minor scratches. It has Shimano 105 components 9-speed, and a carbon fork.

This is the first roadbike that I'm buying, and I'm still a little clueless.
Im a big fan of Felt Bikes. Even the lower end models were often well made (sans components) and had slightly different geometry closer to what you see now in road bikes.

I think the price may be a little on the high end. Ask how many miles are on the bike, if it was a bike that had been ridden 4000 - 5000 miles a year for 10 years its a little worn. If they bought it and rode it a couple times and decided to never use it after that it may be a steal of a deal.
I would check to see if it has stock wheels or if he has upgraded them at all. If its stock and the bike has 30 - 40k miles on it might be time for an upgrade there.

Above all else make sure its your size frame. Nothing worse than having a frame 1 size to large that was bought because it was a good deal.

-Sean
Likes For Wilmingtech: