Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

New MUP-pets Adventure!

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

New MUP-pets Adventure!

Old 05-18-19, 08:16 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 819 Posts
New MUP-pets Adventure!

Last Sunday I rode the Cottonwood Creek Trail for the first time since moving to Colorado Springs in 1992. I don't know why it took so long for me to try it.

I took the Rock Island Trail to the Greenway Trail to the western terminus of the Cottonwood Creek Trail. The first two MUPS I've ridden somewhat often since moving here.

I don't do MUPs much on the weekends anymore; they can get quite crowded with other cyclists, pedestrians and dog-walkers including the long-leash and no-leash variety.

But everyone was courteous on Sunday (myself included) and things went smoothly, even when a tandem dropped a chain right in the middle of a peloton, or scrum.

I was curious about the Cottonwood Creek Trail since an "unplanned route" weekend ride last month took me past an entry point, and I was tempted to take it. But recent snow had me worried about mud on the dirt portions, and I was on my road bike.

But as I discovered, there are no dirt portions on the path, except after I reached the eastern terminus.

Anyways, here are the highlights of a fun, adventurous ride on a new-to-me path on a sunny dry day around 68F.

Old 05-18-19, 05:57 PM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 553 Times in 320 Posts
looks like a good place to ride, enjoy
Old 05-19-19, 05:37 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet