Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

The Armstrong Effect

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09, 09:06 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bellweatherman
They, aka Astana, can't get caught. Bruyneel is a dirty mofo. They do their same tricks and the UCI does nothing about it.

They'll never test positive because there is always time to manipulate urine and blood before the testers take samples. The UCI is very complicit in all of this. Allowing certain riders to take a half-hour, even a full hour to go get ready for so called "unannounced" drug testing. The national drug agencies are aware of how corrupt the UCI is. Even this year, after the whole Armstrong showergate scandal, Bruyneel was up to his tricks again, and stalling to get his team a full hour to prepare for their "unannounced" drug test the day of the team time trial.
So Bellweatherman,

What do you contend that they are doing to prepare during this 1/2-1 hour? Running a catheter up their urethra and injecting fresh urine? Accomplishing a complete blood transfusion? I.V. feeding plasma? I'm curious.
Old 07-21-09, 02:02 AM
rogwilco
snob

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Keith99
Funny how many people in the 60s and 70s loved Merckx. My wife is German and reports when she was a teen and preteen all the kids in her village loved Merckx. One should remember that Rudi Altig was active at the time and at the time was also the best German cyclist ever.
Many people love Armstrong also.
I wasn't alive in the 60s/70s, but I would be very surprised if Merckx was universally liked by cycling fans back then...

Originally Posted by bigfred
What do you contend that they are doing to prepare during this 1/2-1 hour? Running a catheter up their urethra and injecting fresh urine? Accomplishing a complete blood transfusion? I.V. feeding plasma? I'm curious.
There was a big debate in Germany a couple months ago, after two players from a rather prominent soccer club (Hoffenheim if you want to look it up) let the doping controllers wait 15 minutes before giving their samples, and they almost got banned because of it. Apparently there's a lot you can do and take to tamper with the sample in even such a short amount of time.

Last edited by rogwilco; 07-21-09 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-21-09, 02:50 AM
DenisMenchov
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfred
So Bellweatherman,

Lance is a millionaire, and therefore has the cutting edge science to go undetected... / sarcasm. It is clear that the whole Astana team is clean. Until they test positive, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt, just like your employer gives you the benefit of the doubt when you don't test positive for a drug test.
Old 05-11-19, 08:41 AM
challaday

Bikes: Too many

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DenisMenchov
Lance is a millionaire, and therefore has the cutting edge science to go undetected... / sarcasm. It is clear that the whole Astana team is clean. Until they test positive, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt, just like your employer gives you the benefit of the doubt when you don't test positive for a drug test.
I haven't logged into BF for a long, long time. Given the test of time, this response is hilarious.
Old 05-11-19, 12:33 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,577 Posts
Originally Posted by challaday
I haven't logged into BF for a long, long time. Given the test of time, this response is hilarious.
Speaking of things from 2009 that are hilarious now...

People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Old 05-11-19, 05:19 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Well, addressing your puzzlement, it's because they think he cheated. They take it personally because they feel he got over on them, outsmarted them.

One thing you must admit, winning 7 straight tdf is an outrageous accomplishment, so it's bound to raise suspicion. I can understand that. But I feel that hey, if you can't find anything and if you can't prove anything then you need to leave the man the F alone and enjoy history.

But noooooooo, they can't stand the thought of an American kicking their ass in "their" sport. It's just too bitter a pill for them to swallow. F 'em!!
Bravo!