Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Planet Cyclery

Old 03-10-18, 06:43 AM
dleo63

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Planet Cyclery

Ordered a set of Fulcrum Rim on March 1, 2018 Order #1031217603. After 4 Business days I did not receive a shipping conformation. I emailed the (assumed) owner of the company. He wrote back telling me that their company shipping software does not coincide with USPS. Further he said that he would correct and relay additional tracking info within 24 hours........... He never did.

I ended up calling the company on 3-9-2018 talked to a customer service rep. I explained my situation and he told me he saw that it was marked as shipped however no label had been printed so he would investigate further and give me a call back...... Not EVEN 5 minutes later I received an email conformation from the customer service rep AND USPS that the order label has been created and it was due for expedited delivery within 2 days Monday the 12th.......

Thirty minutes later I received an email FROM THE OWNER stating "the order is cancelled by the time i circled back to this email it would have been too late to ship and it seemed pretty likely you were going to cancel anyways"

I am stunned that they canceled the order without consulting me. THE CUSTOMER! Not to mention they have not refunded my money as of yet.

Planet Cyclery IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! Now They do not stand behind their products or customer service. As a matter or fact they don't care about the or the customer buying power. Worst Experience EVER!
Old 04-07-18, 06:48 AM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Sorry you had trouble.Not sure if they are the worst.
But I did A small order back in February as they had some good prices on A few items I could use.

Shipped my ordered the same day.USPS tracking,but I never checked on ordered.

Short story.They sent me some cables instead of the Shimano Ultegra Rear Brake.
Sent them A email about the mix up.The email me back A few days latter that they notified the Fulfilment manager.about 10 days latter I received my rear brake.

Never got A return label for the cables.I think it would have cost them more for me to ship them back.

Shimano Ultegra Front Derailleur
Knog Frog Strobe Front LED Light Grape (Not for me,I swear)
Selle Italia SLS Kit Carbonio saddle
Shimano Ultegra Rear Brake
Old 03-04-19, 11:33 PM
tbessie

Bikes: Custom Ti Firefly Road Bike w/Campy Chorus; Custom Ti Steve Potts Touring Bike w/Shimano XT; Custom Steel Steve Rex lugged frame for everyday w/90's era Campy Veloce; Jamis Quest when Steve Rex is in the shop.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have ordered a few things from Planet Cyclery in the past without any issues.

Today, I got an order of 4 supposedly NOS (New Old Stock) Campagnolo front derailleurs (they were a pretty good price, and I'm revamping my old Campy-based city bike, and wanted my local bike shop to see which one worked best with the other components).

All were listed as "New In Box", but ALL of them arrived 1) not in boxes (there was the shipping box, but each was not in the Campy box they originally should have come in), 2) 2 were in plastic bags and 2 loose in the box, 3) only 1 came with the user manual, 4) all had scuff marks and scratches (not horrible ones, but enough for me to see they'd been either used or knocked around a lot over the years with other components, 5) some grit on the lubed surfaces.

This is NOT "New In Box"; I've written them asking them to explain what "New In Box" means to them, if it doesn't actually mean "New In Box".

I've seen quite a few complaints about them, as well as quite a few good experiences; this latest experience, tho', makes me think a lot less of them.

EDIT: I emailed and called them, and they said that it saying "New In Box" was a mistake, and that they'd get their content team to fix that (I hope they do). They said they would take them back as a return if I want. I'm going to bring them to my local bike shop and have them inspected for any wear, to make sure; if they are "like new" I'll just keep them.

Last edited by tbessie; 03-05-19 at 04:06 PM.