Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

New bike?

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

New bike?

Old 12-30-18, 09:54 PM
Joeeyyy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New bike?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and haven't been actively riding for the last 10 years, so I need some help. My info, I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. 39 years old. Still pretty active, in the gym regularly and can push out a 8.5-minute mile. I'm not trying to relive my "RAD" or "BMX" days, just looking to peddle around with my 5 and 2 year old boys at the local pump track and rhythm section, maybe a few small jumps. I want to leave my options open... My budget is under $500 I'm looking at the Sunday model 24C or Harro group1 24. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-02-19, 10:50 AM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeeyyy
Hi, I'm new to the forum and haven't been actively riding for the last 10 years, so I need some help. My info, I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. 39 years old. Still pretty active, in the gym regularly and can push out a 8.5-minute mile. I'm not trying to relive my "RAD" or "BMX" days, just looking to peddle around with my 5 and 2 year old boys at the local pump track and rhythm section, maybe a few small jumps. I want to leave my options open... My budget is under $500 I'm looking at the Sunday model 24C or Harro group1 24. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi Joey, and welcome back to the world of BMX! If your are looking to buy a used BMX you may want to try www.bmxmuseum.com otherwise you're just going to have to keep your eyes peeled on Craig's list. Sunday is a pretty nice NS bike, and the Haro is aluminum so I imagine it's pretty light but I don't think you are going to find one under $500. Honestly IMHO any 24" bike is going to suit your needs, so the most important thing is to get riding again.
Old 01-07-19, 02:28 AM
airgreek

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeeyyy
Why not a 26" cruiser. Fun as heck bikes but much more comfy
Old 01-07-19, 05:29 PM
EdwinHeadwind
Banned.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
Sunday Model C all day long. The 24" size is a great middle ground between "cruising" and "playing," and the Model Cs that I've ridden had really nice handling -- quick-steering, but not dump-you-on-your-middle-aged-ass quick. I love 26" bikes, but pump tracks are lots more fun with a shorter wheelbase, IMO
Old 01-14-19, 07:48 AM
bmxfamily

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bmx racing
Old 03-20-19, 03:37 PM
kanti

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airgreek
Why not a 26" cruiser. Fun as heck bikes but much more comfy
I was thinking the exact same thing. Would go for the cruiser in your situation for sure.