Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Why am I getting this message

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-24, 10:53 AM
Kaplang11

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I’m a new member tying to post a question
Every time I do I see this message and my post doesn’t post. and I’m surprised this posted
I’m not doing anything that the message is referring too and it’s very frustrating
What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-29-24, 11:03 AM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Liked 673 Times in 460 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaplang11
I’m a new member tying to post a question
Every time I do I see this message and my post doesn’t post. and I’m surprised this posted
I’m not doing anything that the message is referring too and it’s very frustrating
What am I doing wrong?
It might help if you actual told us what the message is.

Likes For Yan:
Old 04-29-24, 11:07 AM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 330 Times in 150 Posts
Your post posted this time.
Old 04-29-24, 11:11 AM
Kaplang11

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
It might help if you actual told us what the message is.

it said I’m not allowed to post URLs to other sites. I’m not I only see the message if I try to post pictures with the text. The pictures were uploaded to the bike forum so they are local. If I remove the photos the post of the text only is successful
Old 04-29-24, 11:15 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3914 Post(s)
Liked 4,876 Times in 2,250 Posts
The Forum keeps SPAM to a minimum with rules for New posters. Pics, attachments after 5 posts on 2 separate days. Or pics to an album.

We really want new members, we really do detest spam.
Old 04-29-24, 11:16 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 3,926 Times in 1,918 Posts
it said I’m not allowed to post URLs to other sites. I’m not I only see the message if I try to post pictures with the text. The pictures were uploaded to the bike forum so they are local. If I remove the photos the post of the text only is successful
Welcome. For the first 10 posts you are restricted, this helps cut down on spam accounts, frustrating for new users but not much of a hoop to jump through if you want to be part of the forum. Make a few more posts and you will be in business. Tell us where you are from, what bike(s) you have, etc.

Edit: Just realized you have been a Member for 11 years, with 5 posts? I guess it might be 2035 before you can post a URL or pic

Last edited by SoCaled; 04-29-24 at 11:25 AM.
Likes For SoCaled:
Old 04-29-24, 11:39 AM
Kaplang11

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
Welcome. For the first 10 posts you are restricted, this helps cut down on spam accounts, frustrating for new users but not much of a hoop to jump through if you want to be part of the forum. Make a few more posts and you will be in business. Tell us where you are from, what bike(s) you have, etc.

Edit: Just realized you have been a Member for 11 years, with 5 posts? I guess it might be 2035 before you can post a URL or pic
i understand why 10 post required to cut down on spam. But the pictures I wanted to
post were uploaded to the Forums server ( or cloud ) so I’m not requiring any URL. I shouldn’t have any problems but I guess I’m wrong

from Los Angeles
Centurion Pro Tour 15. Purchased new 1984 and it now has 10s of thousands of miles on it. Ride it often

Schwinn Paramount. Just bought it yesterday.

Access Comp MTB. It’s hanging up in my garage. Haven’t ridden it in years.
Old 04-29-24, 11:43 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4444 Post(s)
Liked 4,101 Times in 2,737 Posts
The whole idea is to make sure you aren't a spammer. The idea of getting 5 posts and 5 posts the next day is multi fold. One it help prevent massive spam attacks but also hopefully encourages you to get involved with the many wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful but active threads in the forum on two days meaning a second login to get you used to the platform. Once you get those 5+5 posts you can post links and photos and continuing being active in the group.

In terms of being on the forums this long and not posting is crazy. I joined a year after you and have over 13k posts and granted everyone is involved differently and that many posts can be a lot but not having gotten 10 posts in that time is an odd one.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-29-24, 01:15 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1841 Post(s)
Liked 1,713 Times in 989 Posts
i understand why 10 post required to cut down on spam. But the pictures I wanted to
post were uploaded to the Forums server ( or cloud ) so I’m not requiring any URL. I shouldn’t have any problems but I guess I’m wrong
When you joined the forum, this rule wasn't yet in effect. It has been instrumental in reducing spam and inappropriate posts. Fear not, you only need 4 more posts. Shouldn't take more than a couple of year at the rate you have been going. Or, you could speed things up and have no restrictions by tomorrow
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 04-29-24, 01:28 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 3,926 Times in 1,918 Posts

from Los Angeles
Centurion Pro Tour 15. Purchased new 1984 and it now has 10s of thousands of miles on it. Ride it often

Schwinn Paramount. Just bought it yesterday.

Access Comp MTB. It’s hanging up in my garage. Haven’t ridden it in years.
I see the pics of your Paramount in the general picture gallery. You can make an Album in your User CP and we can share pics until you complete your ten posts.
pic assist:

Here is the link to help decode the serial number https://waterfordbikes.com/w/culture...amount-dating/ - I believe that would translate to November 1973, 140th bike made?
Likes For SoCaled:
Old 04-29-24, 01:28 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3918 Post(s)
Liked 6,540 Times in 3,244 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
... we really do detest spam.
I saw that one Anthony Bourdain episode when he visits Hawaii where it was prepared sushi style. Maybe try it with plenty of wasabi.

Last edited by SurferRosa; 04-29-24 at 01:31 PM.
Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 04-29-24, 08:19 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3914 Post(s)
Liked 4,876 Times in 2,250 Posts
I hear sushi spam is dangerous. ...... Unless the Wasabi is fresh.

edit: But all-American.
fla keys style
Spotlight: The Colorful Life of Renowned Drag Queen “Sushi” (fla-keys.com)

spammin for Sushi. But not affiliated. And a long ways from Seattle, WA USA

For @Kaplang11 - I had a 1984 ProTour 15 that I bought new in '85 and put well over 25,000 miles on. The bronze/brownish colors.

Last edited by Wildwood; 04-29-24 at 08:34 PM.