Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Off-Road Recumbent

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Off-Road Recumbent

Old 07-29-20, 02:11 PM
Irishred

Bikes: Tour Easy; Salsa Marrakesh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
If you enjoy mountain biking then buy a mountain bike.
Well actually the reason is stated in my statement that you quoted..."Because of physical issue, I can now only ride a recumbent bike." (:
At one time in the past I did ride a mountain bike off-road and a DF road bike on-road, but that was when I was in my 30's and 40's. In my 50's I had to switch to a recumbent for on-road as well as off-road riding. I've been riding a recumbent for the past 25 years or so, and now I'm 75 and still love to ride off-road as well as on-road riding. Actually I think riding a bent is more fun/exciting even though there are more limitations on the on how technical the trails can be on a bent. And when I say "bent", I talking about a 2 wheel recumbent BIKE. My on-road is an Easy Racers Tour Easy, and my off-road is a Rans Stratus XP with 1.9 inch knobby tires.
So there you have it.

Last edited by Irishred; 07-29-20 at 02:16 PM.
Likes For Irishred:
Old 07-29-20, 08:41 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by Irishred
Well actually the reason is stated in my statement that you quoted..."Because of physical issue, I can now only ride a recumbent bike." (:
At one time in the past I did ride a mountain bike off-road and a DF road bike on-road, but that was when I was in my 30's and 40's. In my 50's I had to switch to a recumbent for on-road as well as off-road riding. I've been riding a recumbent for the past 25 years or so, and now I'm 75 and still love to ride off-road as well as on-road riding. Actually I think riding a bent is more fun/exciting even though there are more limitations on the on how technical the trails can be on a bent. And when I say "bent", I talking about a 2 wheel recumbent BIKE. My on-road is an Easy Racers Tour Easy, and my off-road is a Rans Stratus XP with 1.9 inch knobby tires.
So there you have it.
You don't need to explain yourself to that guy. He's just trying to push your buttons.
Old 07-29-20, 09:00 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18349 Post(s)
Liked 4,501 Times in 3,346 Posts
Something like the Giant Revive might be interesting on gravel. Hard to say about intense trails. As someone mentioned, it may not hop the tires over stuff very well.

Old 07-30-20, 06:55 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK

I though bents were the bottom rung of cycling cred..... until now
Old 07-30-20, 08:25 AM
Irishred

Bikes: Tour Easy; Salsa Marrakesh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
I agree that it would be very interesting on gravel as you put it. On "intense trails" not so much though I think. The chain and bottom bracket (pedals and chain ring) would catch on every little thing.

Last edited by Irishred; 07-30-20 at 08:27 AM. Reason: fix error