Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Add head shock to Bike E

Search
Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Add head shock to Bike E

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 01:42 PM
rhst1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Add head shock to Bike E

I'd like to add a front shock to my Bike E recumbent. Does anyone know how to find one that will fit, name of manufacturer, model #, etc.

Thanks
Old 09-16-17, 08:55 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
Can't recall any off the top off my head, although forks that work on that wheel size do exist I think. You'll have better luck searching if you use the term "suspension fork" along with the specific wheel size, 16" on the front of those IIRC?.

The term "Head shock" is a Cannondale brand specific suspension fork that only fits very specific frames with oversized head tubes. Maybe check out the folding bike forum on here also, some of those bikes have similar wheel sizes and often have suspension.
Old 09-17-17, 12:02 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Another No.. its a quite small front wheel , smaller than 20" if it were a Short wheel base recumbent, (wheel under your knees )
there are some nice but pricey suspension forks for 20" ,, not 16..

Hiring a custom fabricator may be your only option..

There is a frame builder in NL, making a leading link suspension fork but again Its for 20" 406 wheels..
Old 09-19-17, 08:32 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
I at one time did buy some forks like that that might have worked, but a bike-e wasn't what I got them for and never had them together to see. someone was selling them on ebay years back and I got three. I also at one time had a bike-e, but only for a short time (picked it up cheap at a flea market and later donated it to my local co-op), so I never tried or considered one of the forks on it. they were 1 1/8" though. they probably would have worked.

do a search for recumbent forks on ebay, then make it a saved search so they send e-mails whenever a item titled "recumbent fork" is listed. you might eventually get lucky.
Old 09-19-17, 08:37 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
https://www.google.com/search?q=Phil...=1505831773686

trying to work around photobucket holding all my old pics hostage. if it worked, the yellow fork on this is one of the ones I got. made for a 16" wheel. I don't know what they came off of, but the seller was in Canada and had a few. been some years back though.
Old 09-19-17, 01:50 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
You are trying to recreate the BikeE FX which was their version of full suspension. Be sure your bike is not one of those recalled by the CPSC around the time BikeE went belly up before spending a lot of money on it. I was going to suggest trying to find a used RX or FX which has the suspension but those were among the bikes recalled after the company closed. BikeE Recalls - Bicycle Man
Old 10-01-17, 07:17 PM
rhst1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Add head shock to Bike E

Thank you all for the informative responses!