Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Bike work need help

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Bike work need help

Old 03-27-18, 07:28 PM
W4rga

Bikes: Old huffy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike work need help

Hello everyone. I have an old Huffy bicycle that I'm tinkering around with. Painting the frame and fenders and chain guard.I want to replace the wheels, fork and some other decorated stuff. I'm having a hard time, as a newbie, finding the stuff I need. I don't know what stuff is good and what stuff is cheap Chinese knockoff. If I do a Google search for bicycle triple tree fork, the same people keep coming up. EBay, lowrider, bicycle designer, Niagara Cycle,,, I don't know if any of them or reputable or not. I tried to contact bicycle designer a couple of times and it never heard anything from anybody that's pretty suspect to me. So my question to the group is if you wanted to buy 68 spoke chrome wheels 26 in and 1 in threaded Chrome Triple Tree Fork, where would you look? Any help that anybody can provide I would greatly appreciate it thank you much for your time.
Old 03-28-18, 06:22 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
First of all almost any custom lowrider parts will be imported. Most all of the places you listed will be reputable. Ebay for example non reputable people do not last on EBay. The only adivice on E-bay I use is to check that vender in in the USA. You can do that in your search options. I needed some special bike rims one time and the only place I could get them was China. It took almost a month to get here but in the last 2 years they have held up well and still look like new in the wheels I built. For the parts you want I would use a USA based Low Rider source. Roger
Old 03-28-18, 06:01 PM
W4rga

Bikes: Old huffy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
First of all almost any custom lowrider parts will be imported. Most all of the places you listed will be reputable. Ebay for example non reputable people do not last on EBay. The only adivice on E-bay I use is to check that vender in in the USA. You can do that in your search options. I needed some special bike rims one time and the only place I could get them was China. It took almost a month to get here but in the last 2 years they have held up well and still look like new in the wheels I built. For the parts you want I would use a USA based Low Rider source. Roger
Thanks. I will try to talk to someone who is already built the bike or two they can give me some pointers.