Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

iGPSport 20e, Linux & Trash/Recycle Bin

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-18, 05:48 PM
jrickards

Bikes: 2012 Kona Sutra, 2002 Look AL 384, 2018 Moose Fat bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

So, I received an iGPSport 20e for Christmas and have been enjoying it ever since, that is, until about a week ago. I've been uploading my rides via my Linux laptop to Strava and about a week ago, I noticed that it wasn't saving .fit files to the device so I had to create manual entries: not really a big deal, they were just of my commutes to work or back so no new routes or other special rides, but it was strange nevertheless. Today, I looked examined the Properties of the device and noticed that it was essentially full, to the point that really no new ride records could be stored. When I examined more closely, I noticed that the .Trash folder was FULL, FULL, FULL of hundreds of .fit files and realized that when I was deleting .fit files after loading them to Strava, they were actually being transferred to this folder and not completely removed from the device. The .Trash folder may be specific to Linux (my computer, not the device) but Windows might create a Recycled Bin on the device as well.

I have only just cleared the .Trash folder, I haven't ridden with the device yet but I suspect that it will now save rides on it.

If you have on of these devices, clear the Recycle Bin on the device or do a "hard delete" to fully delete any .fit files after you're done with them and then you won't run into this problem as I had done.

I'm glad you can learn from my experience, LOL