Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

looking for a simple and small top tube bag

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 08-14-18, 06:35 AM
jhnmncs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone have a recommendation for a simple and small bag/pouch to strap to my top tube a few inches behind the head tube?

What would be great is something with a headphone cable exit so I can run a USB cable from a portable battery (5.5" long by 1" thick) to my front light (mounted on my head tube).

I would just need to carry the light, my keys, and a pair of sunglasses - I don't need a clear plastic window for my phone or anything like that.
Old 08-14-18, 08:09 AM
Sal Bandini

Bikes: 2017 Sirrus Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
https://www.topeak.com/global/de/pro.../787-fuel-tank

They have 2 sizes. I bought the toploader, the one without the pass-through for the cable. Quality is good.
Old 08-14-18, 09:44 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Excellent subject. If you put the "Topeak full tank" into the Amazon search engine and then scroll down the page when it comes up, you will see all kinds of options. This is one of the reasons I like shopping on Amazon so much. I like the look of some of those newer "aero look" top tube bags. If I had one of those I could likely fit my small pump, a tube and maybe even a CO'2 inflator. It would also be interesting to see if one of those "aero-top tube bags would work in the area between the seat tube and rear wheel....hmmm

Currently I run a frame bag on my road setup. I bought one of the Bushwacker series that is designed for mounting in the area between the seat and top tubes. What I did was turn it around and with some minor modding I was able to get it to fit in the triangle area between the top, head and down tube. So far I've been very pleased with this as it holds all the stuff I like to carry. Namely; a small pump, co'2 inflator, tire levers, spare tube, patch kit, small cable lock and two cell battery. I hate the look of seat bags so this works for me. ( I punched a hole in mine just big enough to let the wire out for the battery ). Works great and doesn't interfere with accessing the water bottle.