Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

On demand Spin classes/apps recommendation?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-21, 08:10 AM
amir_hmn2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

Can anyone recommend me a good spin bike classes, please?
I am not looking for a dance on a spin bike or ride in the park type of class, and I am looking for more serious exercises. I have been using my spin bike four times a week over the past year, but now I am struggling to find a good class.
The one I really liked so far is RI : ID with Paul Ryman the setup and the display is just perfect for me, but he only posts 1 class a month, and it gets a bit boring watching the same class over and over again.
The same thing with GCN classes, they have stopped producing classes, and you get adverts in the middle of your exercise.
I am happy to pay for these classes as well, I have tried Peloton I found it to be good, would be better if they had more info on the screen like the RI : ID classes tho. One downside with peloton classes is that they mainly made for peloton bike so when they set targets on resistance/cadence you need a peloton bike to follow (not a deal-breaker but not ideal either).
I have also tried Les miles, but I sometimes find it hard to understand the accent and I don't find the classes to be pushing me as much as the others.

Regards,

Amir
Old 01-08-21, 01:13 PM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
One of my favorite local spin instructors, Sherri Orlove Malone, is now part of Inspired Fitness that does online exercise classes and Sherri does spin classes. Her classes were always pretty challenging with good music - not racer or dancer oriented, but kinda in between.

https://www.stayinspiredfitness.com/schedule
Old 01-09-21, 11:06 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
I thought about this, ifit https://www.ifit.com/
no experience
Old 01-10-21, 04:04 PM
coffeesnob

Bikes: Trek DS 8.3 - cannondale M500

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2634 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 82 Posts
we use les mils on demand. they have several types of spin classes, RPM, Sprint and " the trip" dont know how gusto you want but they are fun and I think they offer a pretty good workout. The trip is especially fun in front of a big screen. They have lots of other work outs too.
Old 01-31-21, 03:27 PM
dleuthe

Bikes: Trek 7.5 Hybrid, Specialized

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Studio Sweat on Demand has excellent Spin classes on line, additionally they have other work outs, but started with Spin. I have used their service for many years. They are real people, not models and it's like being in a live spin class.
D
Old 01-31-21, 06:00 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Try out the GCN training videos. Good stuff if you actually do them as they are intended. And free.
Old 03-23-21, 12:58 PM
onecf

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amir,
ONE CYCLING & FITNESS is developing a gamified, heart-rate driven, team-based virtual cycling program. It hasn't released yet but I suggest getting on the list. I can't post external links being new here but I know you can find the website and social media presence.
Brian

Originally Posted by amir_hmn2002
Hi all

Can anyone recommend me a good spin bike classes, please?
I am not looking for a dance on a spin bike or ride in the park type of class, and I am looking for more serious exercises. I have been using my spin bike four times a week over the past year, but now I am struggling to find a good class.
The one I really liked so far is RI : ID with Paul Ryman the setup and the display is just perfect for me, but he only posts 1 class a month, and it gets a bit boring watching the same class over and over again.
The same thing with GCN classes, they have stopped producing classes, and you get adverts in the middle of your exercise.
I am happy to pay for these classes as well, I have tried Peloton I found it to be good, would be better if they had more info on the screen like the RI : ID classes tho. One downside with peloton classes is that they mainly made for peloton bike so when they set targets on resistance/cadence you need a peloton bike to follow (not a deal-breaker but not ideal either).
I have also tried Les miles, but I sometimes find it hard to understand the accent and I don't find the classes to be pushing me as much as the others.

Regards,

Amir
Old 03-23-21, 08:27 PM
billridesbikes

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Have you tried the Apple TV fitness+ Spin classes?
They're a lot like the Peloton but more generic in terms that they're not for a specific bike or trainer.
One of the cool things about Apple fitness+ is if you have an Apple watch the class syncs to the class.
Old 03-24-21, 05:16 AM
dleuthe

Bikes: Trek 7.5 Hybrid, Specialized

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Studio Sweat on Demand. Started as online spin, now incorporating all kinds of work outs. Real people, not models.
The instructor Mike is a road cyclist and teaches to that. All the instructors are great, he's just my favorite.