Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Any really tall guys on a CAADX

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-19, 05:26 PM
starkmojo
Old and in the way.

Bikes: Jamis Renegade and Kona Jake

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 23 Posts

So I am looking at a new bike and the CAADX is rated to 300 lbs and I am now a svelt 298.. so maybe? Only thing is that I would have to order one because the local dealer doesnt carry them in their largest size which is 61CM. Usually I ride a 63, I have had a 62 and 60CM never seems to be a good fit. but 61? IDK. I would feel bad ordering a bike and having them set it up only to say "no thanks" once I ride it. SO any 6'6" riders with 36" inseem ride one?
Old 04-16-19, 07:04 AM
Kobe 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 178 Posts
I know it's not the same as owning one, but I was thinking about getting one. They paint alone on these almost made me buy one. I looked at the stack and reach and I need from my experience I need at least a 650 stack and 410 Reach to be comfortable. The CAADX is only 615 stack and 398 reach. I could make the reach work with a longer stem, but the stack is not close enough for me to try and make work. Of course if they are willing to bring one in with no obligation it may be worth a try. I am also 6'6" with a 97 pbh ( about 38" inseem), so a little longer legs than you.