Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Chained Revolution website?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-19, 10:39 AM
St33lWh33ls

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Anyone know what’s going on with the Chained Revolution website? It was one of the best websites for identifying early Paramounts, had a great database of serial numbers and frame descriptions.
Old 06-29-19, 11:20 AM
schwinnderella

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 29 Posts
I don't know what happened to it but it has been missing for a long time.
Old 06-29-19, 11:38 AM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 300 Times in 146 Posts
Can start poking around in here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20091115...s/default.aspx
Old 06-29-19, 12:38 PM
trainman999

Bikes: 83 Schwinn Superior, 86 Paramount,86 Madison,87 Cimeron,86 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 113 Posts
Website has been down for more than a year looked like it was last updated 2012. Only 1 place I know of that you can find images of the 5 pages. Join the Facebook Schwinn Paramount group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/schw...?ref=bookmarks They are buried way down the list in one of the pictures. So you will need to click and scroll through all the picts looking at the comments that go with the picts to find them
Old 06-29-19, 12:50 PM
St33lWh33ls

Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
Could not access the database, I may have a copy somewhere but would like to contact the owner of the website to see if it would be OK to post online. Maybe even host the original site.
Old 06-29-19, 07:18 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2421 Post(s)
Liked 4,388 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by St33lWh33ls
Could not access the database, I may have a copy somewhere but would like to contact the owner of the website to see if it would be OK to post online. Maybe even host the original site.
I'd be willing to host the content through the new Headbadge site, if they're interested.

-Kurt

Old 06-30-19, 01:15 AM
trainman999

Bikes: 83 Schwinn Superior, 86 Paramount,86 Madison,87 Cimeron,86 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 113 Posts
cudak888 why dont you just add a page for 1938-1959?
Old 06-30-19, 08:52 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Originally Posted by trainman999
cudak888 why dont you just add a page for 1938-1959?
Just realized now that the Chained Revolution page was the registry itself, not any info on the earlier bikes.

Sure, I have no problem opening up the Headbadge registry to all Paramounts. But I definitely need some help with the PHP code (more likely JQuery) to allow Paramount owners to submit bicycles to the registry automatically from the front end. Anyone out there with the skillset?

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 06-30-19 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-30-19, 09:41 AM
St33lWh33ls

Originally Posted by cudak888
Just realized now that the Chained Revolution page was the registry itself, not any info on the earlier bikes.

Sure, I have no problem opening up the Headbadge registry to all Paramounts. But I definitely need some help with the PHP code (more likely JQuery) to allow Paramount owners to submit bicycles to the registry automatically from the front end. Anyone out there with the skillset?

-Kurt
The website did list early Paramounts by serial number and date of bike if available, it had enough information to easily date a bike within a year or two. It also listed type of head tube cutouts, seat stay type-open, ball or slant, and dropouts or track ends. It listed color or repaint and ownership-provenance for some bikes but no photos which was a shame. It was probably the best resource for early Paramounts on the web. The site was always buggy (asp) and would crash depending on what browser you used.

Kurt, the self entry sounds good in theory, but then you have to authorize submissions or keep constant watch of what people are submitting which can be just as much a pain as updating an html page. I always thought having someone just email specific info about their bike and photos of head tube, seat stays, rear track ends or dropouts, lugs and full drive side shot placed into a standard html template with the bikes serial as the page name would be doable. A bike I purchased a while back is on your website. I always thought you did a nice job on that site, very clean and useful.

-Ken
Old 06-30-19, 09:45 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Originally Posted by St33lWh33ls
The website did list early Paramounts by serial number and date of bike if available, it had enough information to easily date a bike within a year or two. It also listed type of head tube cutouts, seat stay type-open, ball or slant, and dropouts or track ends. It listed color or repaint and ownership-provenance for some bikes but no photos which was a shame. It was probably the best resource for early Paramounts on the web. The site was always buggy (asp) and would crash depending on what browser you used.

Kurt, the self entry sounds good in theory, but then you have to authorize submissions or keep constant watch of what people are submitting which can be just as much a pain as updating an html page. I always thought having someone just email specific info about their bike and photos of head tube, seat stays, rear track ends or dropouts, lugs and full drive side shot placed into a standard html template with the bikes serial as the page name would be doable. A bike I purchased a while back is on your website. I always thought you did a nice job on that site, very clean and useful.

-Ken
I remember the site vividly now. If there's a database backup and we have the permission of the previous webmaster, it'd be great to work it in.

Each entry would go in with the necessary precautions to prevent code injection, along with a captcha to keep out spam. The entries would not go live without my approval for each submitted post on the back end. It would be really no more complex than blog comment entries, except for the addition of individual pages upon submission.

The site is getting transferred right now onto Wordpress. A bit of a pain to maintain at times, but worth the effort. The Bike Share Museum site below is running a modified version of the in-progress, new Headbadge site.

-Kurt

Old 06-30-19, 10:41 AM
St33lWh33ls

Originally Posted by cudak888
I remember the site vividly now. If there's a database backup and we have the permission of the previous webmaster, it'd be great to work it in.

Each entry would go in with the necessary precautions to prevent code injection, along with a captcha to keep out spam. The entries would not go live without my approval for each submitted post on the back end. It would be really no more complex than blog comment entries, except for the addition of individual pages upon submission.

The site is getting transferred right now onto Wordpress. A bit of a pain to maintain at times, but worth the effort. The Bike Share Museum site below is running a modified version of the in-progress, new Headbadge site.

-Kurt
Cool, I’ll keep a lookout, I have several Paramounts to list.