Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Breezer Greenway

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Breezer Greenway

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 12:54 AM
Santa Monica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Breezer Greenway

Anybody know anytime about the Breezer Greenway ebike? I test rode it and it seemed like just what I was looking for, a hybrid ebike. I just don't know anything about Breezer.
Old 06-03-18, 05:48 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 620 Posts
Look up Joe Breeze, one of the founding fathers of mountain biking. AFAIK, the right to the "Breezer" name has been sold to a conglomerate, but that doesn't mean the e-bikes aren't respectable. Maybe "mountain bike review" has evaluated one.
Old 06-03-18, 01:40 PM
slomoshun

Bikes: Treks and a Moulton

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Looking it over, the construction is industry standard with hydro-formed tubing. Within a price point, a bike is a bike with the usual grade of components for the cost. You could probably find a very similar bike from Trek. What tends to separate the brands is just paint and graphics, and occasionally some unique [esthetic] bends in the tubes. I’ve been riding with a Steps E6000 system [44t chainring] and it has proven to be excellent and a joy to use. The Breezer’s Steps E6002 ships with the 38T chainring. With its 11-34 cluster it will be a good climber. Deore all around, too. You'll like the M315 brakes. If you will be riding a lot of moderately inclined roads, you could bump up the pedal-power top speed with the larger chainring. That bike is a nice 44# package. If you like the geometry's handling and the ergonomics fit you, go for it.
Old 06-03-18, 02:09 PM
Santa Monica

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you both so much. The bike felt great when I rode it. Think I’ll go buy it today. I really appreciate the help.
Old 06-04-18, 03:49 PM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Not much, if any review info available at all, and I haven't even seen, let alone ridden one. So, it's very hard to say anything helpful, meaningful beyond what you've already learned and experienced with this bike. How many other electrics have you ridden to compare? Any other test drives, or feature, spec, and costs comparisons? How does its weight compare, for instance: I couldn't find any weight figure for this bike. Any requirements, expectations, preferences? Enjoy the shopping and good luck with your eventual selection.
Old 06-15-18, 12:18 PM
Santa Monica

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it's great

I bought the Breezer Greenway and have ridden it for about 10 days. It is fantastic! I would highly recommend it. It is very comfortable. The pedal assist works great. The battery lasts a long time. And it rides very well with the electric motor turned off (which I do on flat ground). Without the electric motor it rides like a hybrid mountain bike (due to the weight). With the pedal assist it is extremely easy to go up the steepest hills. The gears shift easily and the brakes work very well.
Old 06-16-18, 01:11 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 620 Posts
If you purchased it at Performancebike, make sure you receive their 30% refund.
Old 06-20-18, 08:07 AM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Santa Monica
I bought the Breezer Greenway and have ridden it for about 10 days. It is fantastic! I would highly recommend it. It is very comfortable. The pedal assist works great. The battery lasts a long time. And it rides very well with the electric motor turned off (which I do on flat ground). Without the electric motor it rides like a hybrid mountain bike (due to the weight). With the pedal assist it is extremely easy to go up the steepest hills. The gears shift easily and the brakes work very well.
Wonderful, SM, and great report! I had missed that Slomoshun had cited the weight as "44#", and that is Very good for an electric hardtail: SIX pounds better than mine, and that must put yours above the 95th percentile. Enjoy your great find.