Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

first bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-19, 12:23 PM
failingatlife

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
first bike

How does a bike with a slack head angle of 65 degrees handle on flat ground or trails with lots of small hills?
Old 10-09-19, 12:19 PM
Actarus777

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by failingatlife
How does a bike with a slack head angle of 65 degrees handle on flat ground or trails with lots of small hills?
Rockrider AM 100 S
Old 10-09-19, 01:13 PM
PumpedUpKicks

Bikes: 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C S+ Kit, 2020 Salsa Fargo Apex 1, 2015 Salsa Warbird Ti, Burley D'Lite double trailer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Without taking other geometric factors into consideration, I think the basic answer would be the bike will handle better descending than it will perform climbing. On flat ground with small hills it would probably be fun. Most modern bikes will have a relatively slack head tube angle such as this. If you can demo something similar on the trail that would be ideal.
Old 10-10-19, 10:37 AM
failingatlife

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
without having done any serious mountain biking I really like DH so the the marin san quentin 2 bike really appealed to me (only ht bike with modern geometry available to me) but this bike is around $500 more than similar spec bikes. My other option is trek roscoe 7 and being able to by it locally would certainly be helpful however one of the main reasons i dont like this bike is the +tires. I dont feel they would benefit me in any way. Is it stupid to spend more on a bike for its geometry?