Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Alternatives

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Bicycle Alternatives

Old 07-16-17, 04:36 PM
CrazyIvan

Bikes: Cannondale R600 Triple, Me-Mover FIT 2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aarishjam
I bought Me-Mover four months ago. It is a complete work out in my opinion with very low impact on joints. I already have a knee problem which does not allow me to ride bicycle for longer period as it hurts. Maybe because bicycle requires effort from a 90 degree angle. That is not the issue with me mover.
Me Mover website also posts different work out routines to mix up the work out. which can solve your problem of muscles getting used to same exercise. So far, normal usage is enough for me.
I also searched Trykke and Street Stride. Street stride is good, but it is difficult to maneuver at instances. Trykke, is more of a bike experience than workout.

I would totally recommend Me-Mover.

Best of Luck Man
I also have a Me-Mover FIT 2.0, initially rode the first Kickstarter version. In my opinion it's one of the best cross training vehicles on the market. I've trikked since 2003, rode a StreetStrider for about a year. I wasn't sure in the beginning because of lactic acid build up in my legs, took me a few days to acclimate, attribute that to my age when I started 78 years old. Now I'm addicted, I ride the Me-Mover more than my bicycle because it gives a more intense workout. I found my endurance increased along with my leg strength, now at 79 I needed more leg conditioning, the MM compels you to increase your exercise expecially when climbing grades.
I had the opportunity to meet the CEO and inventor, Jonas Eliasson of the Me-Mover whose from Copenhagen, Denmark. He visited CA and FL a few months ago, he told me lots more coming such as a touring model with higher speed potential.
Have you been on the Facebook group, Me-Mover-around-the-world? Check it out.
Old 07-16-17, 04:48 PM
CrazyIvan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BTW for cross trainers, I also weight train, really helps riding self powered vehicles. Great for all ages, I can still see improvement at my age, I'm getting back my leg strength with the Me-Mover and leg routines on the seated leg press machine, leg curl, and leg extension machines.
I'm a cancer survivor, and can guarantee you can rebuild muscles and endurance, just takes commitment and patience.
Old 07-17-17, 02:17 AM
aarishjam

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
BTW for cross trainers, I also weight train, really helps riding self powered vehicles. Great for all ages, I can still see improvement at my age, I'm getting back my leg strength with the Me-Mover and leg routines on the seated leg press machine, leg curl, and leg extension machines.
I'm a cancer survivor, and can guarantee you can rebuild muscles and endurance, just takes commitment and patience.
I totally agree. I am 31 and I was gasping for breathe within first five minutes when I rode Me-Mover first time and I have maintained regular workout throughout my life. It is actually a trainer for all ages. and perfect for people like me whose joints dont allow impact exercises. On a totally different perspective, it can help younger generation in saving up joints for future while building up muscles which support our core body structure.

And... CrazyIvan I applaud your efforts of beating cancer and taking it a step further to rebuilding muscles and endurance.
Old 07-17-17, 06:42 AM
CrazyIvan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aarishjam
I totally agree. I am 31 and I was gasping for breathe within first five minutes when I rode Me-Mover first time and I have maintained regular workout throughout my life. It is actually a trainer for all ages. and perfect for people like me whose joints dont allow impact exercises. On a totally different perspective, it can help younger generation in saving up joints for future while building up muscles which support our core body structure.

And... CrazyIvan I applaud your efforts of beating cancer and taking it a step further to rebuilding muscles and endurance.
When I'm on a bicycle trail. some cyclists turn around and ask me questions about the Me-Mover, I tell them it's an alternative that increases endurance and strength. Not to be redundant but the Me-Mover compared to other self powered vehicles IMO is one of the best physical conditioning tools that compels high intensity physical training in the shortest amount of time as opposed to spinning. The aerobic effect happens almost immediately as you increase your stepping cadence your heart rate increases, stays in the training zone longer without sprinting. HIIT routines produce leg burns fast since 20% more energy is required to propel the Me-Mover, I can feel the difference when riding my bicycle.