Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

My Bannard Sunny

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

My Bannard Sunny

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-20, 12:57 AM
pinholecam

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Hmmm,...you have a point there. He's definitely got a superiority complex, as well as delusions of persecution.
He does have his character, but let me put in a good word for him, coming for someone who is also not based in the US.

Being out of the US, the perspective (wrt folding bikes and mini velos ) can be different.
The regard for what is important / relevant can also be different, be it the manufacturing quality, the cheaper labor costs, cycling culture, cycling environment, etc.

One can easily walk into a store that sells folding bikes here in Singapore, they are well accepted as being part of the cycling demographic.
In that sense, at a glance, there is easy access to having a good idea how each of these folding bikes look and ride.
The typical Asian rider is also not as tall nor as heavy and some aspects of a folding bike may well be a lesser or non-issue. (eg. Flex, fold mechanism stress, frame sizing )

Tern, Dahon, Tyrell, Bike Friday, Anemos, Fnhon, Crius, Garcia, Travelo, Brompton, 3Sixty, Pikes, etc, etc..
Yes, all available to see/try/buy by walking into a shop, getting one shipped from China (within 2 weeks), or even 2nd hand from local online apps.
In other words, while some here may go into theories about how some of these bikes are, its really actual first hand access to them over here.
So I do think Abu has made quite a few defenses regarding some of these bikes/brand on this forum from this perspective.

For me, I certainly feel that he had quite a bit to share and just take it as one more perspective to things (bike wise)
Old 10-22-20, 04:19 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Well more power to him if he ever comes back. I'm rarely here anymore myself so it wouldn't make any difference to me. Live and let live!
Old 10-22-20, 04:59 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 845 Times in 589 Posts
Originally Posted by pinholecam
He does have his character, but let me put in a good word for him, coming for someone who is also not based in the US.

Being out of the US, the perspective (wrt folding bikes and mini velos ) can be different.
The regard for what is important / relevant can also be different, be it the manufacturing quality, the cheaper labor costs, cycling culture, cycling environment, etc.

One can easily walk into a store that sells folding bikes here in Singapore, they are well accepted as being part of the cycling demographic.
In that sense, at a glance, there is easy access to having a good idea how each of these folding bikes look and ride.
The typical Asian rider is also not as tall nor as heavy and some aspects of a folding bike may well be a lesser or non-issue. (eg. Flex, fold mechanism stress, frame sizing )

Tern, Dahon, Tyrell, Bike Friday, Anemos, Fnhon, Crius, Garcia, Travelo, Brompton, 3Sixty, Pikes, etc, etc..
Yes, all available to see/try/buy by walking into a shop, getting one shipped from China (within 2 weeks), or even 2nd hand from local online apps.
In other words, while some here may go into theories about how some of these bikes are, its really actual first hand access to them over here.
So I do think Abu has made quite a few defenses regarding some of these bikes/brand on this forum from this perspective.

For me, I certainly feel that he had quite a bit to share and just take it as one more perspective to things (bike wise)
Your post is all well intended, but has no bearing on the conversation at hand. Abu is an American who's moved abroad, but constantly cried "bias" and "racism" when people disagreed with him. I do remember that, and that has nothing to do with bikes. He didn't discus, but talked down to people when interacting with them. I never really got into any heated discussion with him personally, but I watched all the drama unfold (pun intended). I can't refer you back to the inflammatory posts in question, because he deleted most of his comments.

In summation, this was never about content, or the bikes. It was a problem of him not getting along with people, and having a complete disdain for Americans especially. Not cool,...
​​​

​​​​​
Old 10-22-20, 08:17 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
I also found from one instance when I corrected him on an out right lie he told about a bike and he tried to take his revenge. I always assumed he was banned for some of the things he did. That well may be wrong but I do not miss him. Roger
Old 10-22-20, 05:04 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 845 Times in 589 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
I also found from one instance when I corrected him on an out right lie he told about a bike and he tried to take his revenge. I always assumed he was banned for some of the things he did. That well may be wrong but I do not miss him. Roger
We've even had little disagreements, but he did get very disrespectful to certain members. I don't treat others like trash, or belittle them. Still,...it was exciting sometimes!