Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

troubleshoot new E-bike build

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-20, 08:05 PM
Bigbadjohn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I finally got around to assembling my e-bike I connected it all up, but Nada nothing other than the control panel lights up
Some troubleshooting tips would be much appreciated I bought the parts a year ago this is the link showing parts and inquiries on this site.
I used a new plug to connect the six wires going to the wheel since sockets where different.
To be honest did not expect it to work straight off so no surprise.

Click this

https://www.bikeforums.net/electric-...l#post21467479

Last edited by Bigbadjohn; 11-11-20 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-11-20, 10:36 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
Intelligent ID.
Did you do this first step? Connect the two ID wires together. Power up controller. Wheel should turn briefly. Than disconnect the two ID wires and power down. The controller will have figured out how the phase/ha;ll wires are connected and will remember it . You never have to use the ID wires again.

Walk Mode.
If the down button is held down, the controller turns the wheel at 6KM/hour. This is a good way to verify that the motor connections work. (I believe the down button activates walk mode. My brainpower controller display is in a bag right now, so I can't verify.)

Throttle
Did you buy the kit with throttle already supplied or from two different places? Often the connector is wired differently. Is this your throttle connector?

And there's a number of settings you must put into the display, but that should be covered in the manual. I don't believe any would prevent operation unless there's a setting to turn off throttle. My display only had six settings. I think new ones have many more,.
Old 11-12-20, 12:46 PM
Bigbadjohn

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks, throttle is from another source, controller and panel came as a pair think I lost leaflet will look online.
I connected only 3 things at the moment: Wheel, throttle and controller.
Only using throttle no pedal assist

I will go thru your suggestions thanks again.
I have another E-Bike Genze it has to be on zero for throttle only

Last edited by Bigbadjohn; 11-12-20 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-12-20, 05:22 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Way too little information in o.p. I can easily imagine a battery lying around for a year without a periodic top up to maintain 1/4 to 1/2 charge is worthless. Also that plugs don't match sockets? Big problem. Find a local e-bike dealer and see if they will look at it.
Old 11-14-20, 02:36 PM
Bigbadjohn

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The display turns on but when I disconnect those 6 small wires going to the wheel it does not light up
I was thinking maybe I have to input something like time it displays volts and amp not sure if I need to input that
I lost the instructions for the display maybe bike would work if the display was set up
I ordered a new display and controller $20 its nothing compared to what it would cost taking it to a shop $250 at least
I am in no hurry..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...29884c4dvHG9IJ

I bought a non-working Genze E-Bike a few months ago cheap it took me 6 weeks to fix it 10 mins at a time both brake wires were connected disabling the motor, also a dead fuse in the charging circuit.
it's a learning experience when it goes wrong next time I will be able to fix it

Last edited by Bigbadjohn; 11-15-20 at 08:55 PM.