Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

At last, my legs are complete again

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 10-25-20, 05:18 PM
PIFFLE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts

Hello, BF! Having borrowed so much insight from these forums, finally decided to make an account as I rekindle my obsession with life on two wheels.

Just starting to ride again with new FG gravel build after a few months of research and watching retailer inventories disappear, pretty pleased with what I put together but always looking to fine-tune. Eyeing the Whisky No. 7 fork for new build but it'll change the rake to 45 from Big Block's 32 so I need to think on that one and feel it out a bit...

New ride replaces fixie-converted 88ish 501 Peugeot I am now realizing has excellent tire clearance and will probably make into a more aggressive gravel setup that actually has brakes - maybe even get crazy and go freehub, who knows?!

Very into minimalist style / endeavors in general - drive stick, run barefoot, and boulder in addition to FG/SS cycling; can't get enough of skidding through dirt on Sacramento's river trails; and love geeking out on bike stuff so I am thoroughly enjoying the bike pr0n and wealth of opinions here ^^

Cheers,

PIFFLE
Old 10-25-20, 07:46 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 411 Times in 317 Posts
Welcome!
Old 10-25-20, 08:09 PM
frogman

Bikes: Wife says I have too many :-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 158 Posts
Welcome aboard Piffle !

My favorite trail in Sac is the American River Trail. I get on it by Old Sacramento and ride up to Lake Folsom then back to Old Sac. Beautiful ride along the river !
Old 10-25-20, 11:14 PM
PIFFLE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
frogman New bike built to take advantage of the river trails - coming from city riding in the Bay and southern AZ MTB before that, roller-coaster single track is a dream.

Will be fun to ride downtown once this virus mess is done in a couple years