Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Is Surly LHT 26 rim brake discontinued?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-20, 03:56 AM
silos

Bikes: S2C Hub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard somewhere that Surly Long Haul Trucker 26 with rim brake is discontinued. Is this information true? If yes, is there any public official info about it?
Old 11-09-20, 07:55 AM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
You might contact Surly and ask them about frame sizing and whether they are discontinuing the 26 inch version

https://surlybikes.com/
That sounds like a rumor to me. I can't fathom them discontinuing 26" rim brake LHT's - that is a standard in most regions of the world = serviceable for those who travel the world.

I could be wrong so I agree with the post above - contact Surly. I would be awfully surprised if they did discontinue that design... wouldn't make sense to me.

Now, I could understand shortages and back-logs due to the current times... but a total discontinuation? See what Surly says.
Old 11-09-20, 02:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4342 Post(s)
Liked 3,978 Times in 2,659 Posts
It is still on their website: https://surlybikes.com/bikes/long_haul_trucker. I seems like an odd one but if nothing else there are other options.
Old 11-10-20, 10:31 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
I heard rumors as well, but I don't think they'd ditch it altogether. I think they'll eventually go to frame only for the LHT, while continuing with complete and frame versions of the (now shockingly expensive!) Disc Trucker. Just like the rim brake Cross Check, I think they'll still sell frames, but get rid of completes.