Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

revo advice plz

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

revo advice plz

Old 05-07-10, 11:21 AM
[FAT]Roy
Fat

Bikes: Haro Revo 98

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
revo advice plz

'sup BMX, FatRoy here just wondering if I could get some advice on modification of a 98 haro revo. The first thing I want to do is install a new crank. I've decided that I like the way people have responded to the Redline device cranks(https://www.danscomp.com/452505.php but I cannot find the specs for cranksize of my bicycle so I dont know if i should order them or not. Most of the information i can gather I have gotten from here: https://www.bikepedia.com/QUICKBIKE/B...Revo&Type=bike. It says haro megacrank 44 teeth; does this mean I need to find 44 tooth crankset with Fusion sealed american shell width bottom bracket? or am i just confusing myself and really I could order whatever crankset as long as I get a Redline BB device kit to unify the revo frame with the aftermarket crank?
Old 05-07-10, 11:20 PM
Greyryder
Powerful-Ugly Creature

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. 44 teeth is the size of the sprocket. It's not part of the cranks. It bolts onto the drive side crank arm. You'll need an American sized bottom bracket (either the Redline or another) that fits 19mm spindles. That picture looks like a one piece crank, so I doubt that it will fit the Device's 19mm spindle.

The only other size to worry about, is the crank arm length. You existing cranks are probably 175mm. You can always install the 180s, if you want longer cranks.

EDIT: Forgot to add, you'll also need an adapter, for your sprocket. You'll want the one labeled as "popular."

Last edited by Greyryder; 05-07-10 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-08-10, 01:50 AM
mykesbykes

Bikes: to many, maybe a 100...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im kinda outdated on my crank/bb info, but after a bit of looking, I think I like this set..

https://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...kset+W+Bb.aspx

its pricer, but comes with the bottom bracket.

device: 33 oz. without bottom bracket.
profile: 42 oz. with bottom bracket.

I wonder if the BB wieghs 9 ozs?
Old 05-08-10, 11:03 PM
minichamp31
Yeah. I Race.

Bikes: Custom Race, 2007 GT Bump, 2007 Gt Powerseries Pro, Dyno VFR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Those cranks you found are solid cranks. I think the BB does probably weigh about 9 ounces.