Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

First Tandem: Dawes Super Galaxy

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 04-04-21, 07:50 PM
jetboy 

Bikes: centurion cinelli equipe, look hinault 753, Zunow z-1, 83 stumpy sport

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 186 Posts

Hi all:

Just picked this up today for riding with my now (just barely) tall enough daughter! Local guy, easy sale, I took a gander at all the tandem offerings on CL (I am in SF bay area, so there were quite a few. maybe 20 to choose from ) but this one stood out: 531 tubes and forks, not used in a while but clean! Stronglight cranks, XT shift shifters- added drum brake to the rear (which I need to move the lever to the stoker.. my girl would probably appreciate having some measure of control. and I can't grab both at once anyway!) . Pics are as it came basically- I wiped off the dust threw some pedals on the back and we went a few blocks just to make sure it fit.

now cleaning and greasing and new saddles and pedals, rack and maybe some panniers. but so far pretty nice! We won't be racing around.. just putting about town and taking her to school and such. (when it reopens at the end of the month)

Last edited by jetboy; 04-04-21 at 08:25 PM.
Likes For jetboy: