Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thread for Cannondale Quick

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Thread for Cannondale Quick

Old 04-09-19, 02:39 PM
n0thing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FamilyMan007
I am confident your wife will enjoy changing gears with the 105 (I have no familiarity with SRAM and/or 1x11)
The 105s are awesome and she loves the thing. The SRAM 1x11 on the other hand sucks. It hasn't worked since day one. The bike shop currently has the bike apart and they are replacing the derailleur. I've hardly been able to ride it because it won't hold a gear no matter how much they adjust it. Since I know the Quick model can use 105 I may just go that route if it keeps up.
Old 05-01-19, 08:20 PM
Churchill

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Put an order in for a Quick 4 on Sunday. Expecting to pick up no later than Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Likes For Churchill:
Old 09-25-19, 08:07 AM
Trazam1986

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale Quick5

Can anyone assist in identifying the model year of this Cannondale Quick5? Looking to purchase, don't want to overpay. Thanks!

Old 03-20-20, 03:48 PM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts
Picked up my first hybrid last week, a C'dale Quick 5. Loving it so far! Put new grips, pedals and a new saddle on. Any other must do upgrades?
Likes For InvertedMP:
Old 03-21-20, 11:45 AM
HobieKen 

Bikes: 2021 TREK Rail 5, 2016 Santa Cruz Tallboy, 2017 Cannondale Quick 5 Disc

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by InvertedMP
Picked up my first hybrid last week, a C'dale Quick 5. Loving it so far! Put new grips, pedals and a new saddle on. Any other must do upgrades?
Love mine. I added a Explorer rear rack and grocery panniers for grocery runs. I exchanged my grips for Ergon GP 2's and really like the bar ends for alternate hand positions. Don't forget lights, HotShot for the rear forgot what I have for headlight. Computer and phone mount? Daughter bought me a nifty little dingy bell off Amazon for Christmas. I found the stock seat quite adequate. But, I might upgrade to carbon bike or add a pure road bike in the future, although I'm no where near a hard charger any longer at 63yro, just like new toys.
Old 10-19-20, 04:04 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 484 Posts
Originally Posted by natemeister
Anyone ride a Cannondale Quick CX? I recently lost my rear wheel on my 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 2 and when measuring the distance, it doesn't seem to be standard. I couldn't fit 135 mm in there. Wondering if anyone had one and could measure. I called my LBS, a Trek one at that, and they were of no help...
Sadly, it appears that your frame got damaged either accidentally or deliberately. Time for a new frame, as Al cannot be repaired.

It takes quite a bit of force to do that. I've done this this to several kildedded frames and nothing....

Old 10-20-20, 04:38 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 749 Times in 559 Posts
Anyone ride a Cannondale Quick CX? I recently lost my rear wheel on my 2015 Cannondale Quick CX 2 and when measuring the distance, it doesn't seem to be standard. I couldn't fit 135 mm in there. Wondering if anyone had one and could measure. I called my LBS, a Trek one at that, and they were of no help...
When you say you "lost your rear wheel", what do you mean? You physically misplaced it and can't find it? Are you the original owner of the bike? That rear frame spacing of just over 100mm is not even close to the 135mm that it should be. I agree that this frame has been damaged severely, and almost certainly beyond (safe) repair.
Old 10-20-20, 07:22 PM
natemeister

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in CA and I assume some homeless person stole my rear wheel. We have a lot of them here and they all ride bikes to get around.

Originally Posted by hokiefyd
When you say you "lost your rear wheel", what do you mean? You physically misplaced it and can't find it? Are you the original owner of the bike? That rear frame spacing of just over 100mm is not even close to the 135mm that it should be. I agree that this frame has been damaged severely, and almost certainly beyond (safe) repair.
Old 10-21-20, 05:48 AM
hokiefyd 

I live in CA and I assume some homeless person stole my rear wheel.
That's unfortunate. I can only assume you are not the original owner of the bike and someone had built/made/fashioned a very non-standard rear wheel to fit a frame where the rear spacing had been so severely "modified'. Or...the damage to the frame was done during the larceny event.

You can see common frame spacing on Sheldon Brown's page here: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

I suppose you do have the option of trying to fit a narrower rear hub back into that frame (something with an older 120mm hub spacing, perhaps, or even a 110mm single speed hub if you can find one). That's probably still not ideal, as your bike frame is likely out of alignment after the rear triangle having been "modified" so much. And, given that you need a disc hub for the rear, you may not be able to find something with that (narrow) dimension to begin with.

Your best option is probably sourcing a replacement frame and moving your remaining parts over to it.
Old 10-21-20, 06:11 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

I suppose you do have the option of trying to fit a narrower rear hub back into that frame (something with an older 120mm hub spacing, perhaps, or even a 110mm single speed hub if you can find one).
No. Al does not even cold set 5mm without cracking eventually.
Old 10-21-20, 08:51 AM
hokiefyd 

We agree that there's no safe way to return this frame to service.
Old 10-21-20, 09:14 AM
natemeister

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, thinking the same thing, just hold onto it and look for a medium sized frame.

That's unfortunate. I can only assume you are not the original owner of the bike and someone had built/made/fashioned a very non-standard rear wheel to fit a frame where the rear spacing had been so severely "modified'. Or...the damage to the frame was done during the larceny event.

You can see common frame spacing on Sheldon Brown's page here: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

I suppose you do have the option of trying to fit a narrower rear hub back into that frame (something with an older 120mm hub spacing, perhaps, or even a 110mm single speed hub if you can find one). That's probably still not ideal, as your bike frame is likely out of alignment after the rear triangle having been "modified" so much. And, given that you need a disc hub for the rear, you may not be able to find something with that (narrow) dimension to begin with.

Your best option is probably sourcing a replacement frame and moving your remaining parts over to it.
Old 10-21-20, 11:57 AM
DorkDisk

It was the proposal to find a wheel that fits I was saying "no" to. If the frame is dead, why bother?
Old 10-21-20, 05:19 PM
hokiefyd 

Originally Posted by DorkDisk
It was the proposal to find a wheel that fits I was saying "no" to. If the frame is dead, why bother?
I don't know how critical the bike is to natemeister and I don't like to presume that he or she can wait for the best solution (which, in this case, is frame replacement). The frame has been damaged beyond repair, but it's unlikely to catastrophically break tomorrow. If the bike is in service as a commuter or other use where having no wheels means no job or something like that, then it's possible something could be made to work in the short term while a longer term fix is sought. Many a hack or bodge has gotten someone along while a permanent solution or repair is underway. I noted that it's not a good option, but I didn't know at the time how desperate he or she was for a fix.

Fortunately, it appears like natemeister can wait to find a replacement frame.
Old 10-22-20, 05:40 AM
DorkDisk

The frame has been damaged beyond repair, but it's unlikely to catastrophically break tomorrow.
It totally can. Al can fail catastrophically and does NOT like being bent (think beer can). Riding that thing is a safety hazard. Period. Hopefully nate can get riding ASAP, but not on that frame.
Old 06-05-21, 09:13 AM
bald1der

Bikes: Cannondale CX3

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

My new Quick CX3 love the bike so far. Coming off a 18 y/o Trek MTB. There are a couple upgrades I want to make I am enjoying the ride.
Old 06-06-21, 04:13 PM
jskita

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Hey I have one of these!

LOL turned mine into a commuter to leave in the train station bike room. Has a trunk...err as Tesla calls it...Frunk!
Likes For jskita:
Old 09-23-21, 10:43 AM
Stefano70
Strong legs

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm in the Quick club, Cannondale Quick Speed 2 MY 2016
Likes For Stefano70:
Old 09-23-21, 11:43 AM
Sempervee

Bikes: Cannondale Quick Disk 5 & Rad Power Mini

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts
I have a 2018 Silver Cannondale Quick 5 disk brake model i am undecided about either selling or making into a kit ebike to compliment my RAD bike.. Now I know what I want and the Quick 5 bike would be upgraded version of RAD rear hub motor kit. already have 700C great tires and disk brakes.

Last edited by Sempervee; 10-27-21 at 11:11 AM.
Likes For Sempervee:
Old 07-19-22, 08:10 AM
exwhyzed

Bikes: 2015 Diamondback Haanjo Comp

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Does anyone know the widest tire that will work with the 2022 cannondale quicks? I see they come with 32C. I currenlty have 38C Teravail Rampart tires and want to switch to a hybrid bike and use the same wider tires for comfort. The Cannondale Quick 3 looks like a good contender...with the carbon fork and rackmount points...but i just wonder about the tires. Heck, I'd even like to try 40C later on.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

And owners, feel free to keep posting your rides..."gravelized" with trendy tanwall tires, "commuterized" with baskets and panniers, and everything in between!
Old 07-19-22, 09:32 AM
exwhyzed

Bikes: 2015 Diamondback Haanjo Comp

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cannondale replied back...the answer is 40mm.
Likes For exwhyzed:
Old 07-23-22, 06:21 PM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 221 Posts
My 2018 Quick 1 is running 700cx35s with the fenders. I think 38s would fit without fenders.

Last edited by Trav1s; 07-23-22 at 06:28 PM.
Likes For Trav1s: