Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Help with vintage frame identification

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-21, 12:31 PM
speedyspaghetti

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-022 // '89 Specialized Allez Full Dura-Ace 7400 // Santa Cruz Stigmata CC // Bridgestone MB-3 BoxTwo 1x Conversion // Bridgestone MB-6 // Santa Cruz Highball C // Ibis Spanky

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Hey everyone -

So I grew up spending my summers in Italy visiting my grandparents. They lived in a house inside of a big regional park with miles and miles of trails and I spent most of days back then biking all of the trails on whatever nondescript mountain bike my grandpa had laying around. I somehow never fell or got a flat (I guess the luck of youth or something). It was really an awesome part of my childhood.

My grandpa passed away recently and I've been thinking about that bike and how happy he made me by always having it ready for me to ride because he knew how much I loved those trails (I think he thought I came to Italy to bike and run, but really I always came to see him and my grandma).

Unfortunately, that bike has long since been gone. They moved to a new house and as I got older I didn't ride there as much so I think he gave it away to a kid over there. I only have one photo of the bike unfortunately but I'd to figure out what kind of bike it was to see if I could ever track down another one as a sort of reminder of the time I spent there and of him.

Anyway, here's the photo (I'll keep looking for more but as far as I know this is the only one that exists). The quality isn't great, but a headtube badge is somewhat visible. I don't remember the exact components but I believe it was Suntour (maybe XCM?)

Thank you guys.