Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

PNW Cascade Dropper Post-any owners/users?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19, 05:50 AM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I am considering a PNW Cascade Dropper post for my KHS Team 29 FS...does anyone have experience/thoughts about this particular dropper? Thanks.
Old 02-18-19, 08:26 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
There is a good thread about this dropper post on MTBR: https://forums.mtbr.com/components/n...e-1040661.html

Looks like there can be issues over long term use with some play developing, but on the whole seems par for the course for any dropper that is not a Gravity Dropper. Also the customer service is getting very top notch reviews,

The PNW Bachelor (their internally routed post) is far more common and gets a ton of praise for how reliable it is, but the sad fact is that expectations for droppers are so low, that simply not crapping the bed for a year or two seems to qualify as “super reliable”.

With a 3-Year warrently, at least you can be pretty sure you will have a working post for 3 years. And for $200, thats not too bad for a post that is not a Gravity Dropper.

After owning a Gravity Dropper for just over 13 years (still runs perfectly) I wanted an externally routed dropper for a second bike. I ordered a PNW Cascade. I will have to wait until the snow melts to try it. I figured with a 3-year warrenty and a company that will apparently send a replacement ASAP, it was worth $200 to give it a shot.
Old 02-18-19, 10:15 AM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
I have the 170mm version and love it. There is a 15% coupon code. Google for it, I have a post on mtbr for that.

Works well in freezing cold on my fatbike. The lever also is nice. I don't have any comparison, but know some people who buy the cheaper BrandX complain about levers and replace them.

No play so far, but only had it since last fall...maybe 400km.
But it transformed my riding a lot!
Old 02-18-19, 08:15 PM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to shift some funds around and get one...looks like a best bet for a first dropper.