Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

MAVIC 7 or 8 speed Cassette for 571 Freehub

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Old 07-14-18, 01:05 AM
lavielemond 
LeMondster

Bikes: LOOK 695 SR Mondrian, LOOK 595 Pro Team, LOOK KG86 (retail & LVC versions), LOOK LVC Hinault 753R, ADR-Agrigel TVT92/Bottecchia SLX/Bottecchia Columbus AIR TT, LEMOND "Z" TVT92 & "Z" TSX, LOOK KG486 SL, LOOK 566, LOOK KG76 Hinault, Telekom TVT92 AL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

G'day all, although I already own a number of MAVIC 571/2 hubsets with freehubs that accept the Shimano HyperGlide style of cassette, I also own a MAVIC 571 hubset with a rear hub that features a freehub with the somewhat "undulating grooves" upon it (in contrast to the more rigid & squared-off edges of the Shimano HG cassette splines) that requires an actual MAVIC cassette, often referred to as the 'shark-tooth' style of cassette. Sure, I could scour eBay for awhile & I'm in no massive rush or need for this type of cassette but I thought that I might as well give the WTB section of BF a try. So whether you have a used or NOS 7 or 8 speed MAVIC cassette for the original MAVIC 571 freehub & you have no need for it yourself, please get in touch with me & hopefully we can come to some kind of transaction that suits you!!

I have also attached a photo of this type of freehub profile & the type of MAVIC 7 or 8 speed cassette that I require - the cassette shown in the photo is of an 8-speed but I would be happy with either.

Thanks heaps in advance for your time spent reading this & fingers crossed that someone out there can help me out?!

Old 05-18-19, 04:32 PM
lavielemond 
LeMondster

Bikes: LOOK 695 SR Mondrian, LOOK 595 Pro Team, LOOK KG86 (retail & LVC versions), LOOK LVC Hinault 753R, ADR-Agrigel TVT92/Bottecchia SLX/Bottecchia Columbus AIR TT, LEMOND "Z" TVT92 & "Z" TSX, LOOK KG486 SL, LOOK 566, LOOK KG76 Hinault, Telekom TVT92 AL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's been 10 months now, since I first put this up in hope of locating a Mavic 571 "shark tooth" (7 or 8-speed) cassette to fit one of my Mavic hubsets that has Mavic's proprietary freehub upon it (as you can see in the first photo, the shape is far more contoured/rounded than the sharp edges of Shimano's HyperGlide free hubs/cassettes), because I would FAR prefer to use one of the Mavic proprietary cassettes than having to create one from a Shimano HG cassette, with a Dremel tool.

Thanks for your time spent reading this & PLEASE let me know if you, or someone you know may have one on hand that is no longer needed or wanted.

Cheers & best wishes for now...Matt.
Old 12-24-19, 01:40 AM
bhiegel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
similar search

Hi Matt,
I have similar problem. Your rear hub is a 571/2 and the very first cog will be difficult to find. I will let you know if I find such a Mavic cassette.
Mery X Mas from France.
Bertrand
Old 12-24-19, 08:05 AM
lavielemond 
LeMondster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bonjour Bertrand! Comment allez-vous, mon ami?

Thanks so much for your reply, my friend, I really do appreciate it. These days I'm actually very fortunate to own 3 x 32h 571/2 HG hubsets, 2 x 36h 571/2 HG hubsets (I just received a BNIB 36h rear 571/2 HG hub w/ skewer from another friend in France this morning, actually!) & a 32h 571 rear hub/skewer (so, it's the original 571 that requires the threaded outer cog, much like Shimano's Uniglide before they developed the contemporary Hyperglide design) & a 36h 571 hubset that came with a nearly new 14-23 Mavic 'proprietary' cassette. And finally, I also have 2 x 32h 571/2 hubsets with an extra rear 32h hub of this style as well, together with a nearly new 12-23 Mavic 'proprietary' cassette for one of these hubsets.

So I guess that I can't complain too much these days & soon I'm going to try to alter the sharp corners upon the spline pattern of a Shimano HG cassette (using a Dremel tool) in order to convert it to the undulating, more contoured shape of the Mavic 'proprietary' cassettes & freehubs (especially when I already own 2 x 'proprietary' cassettes that have the same shape, which I can copy), which can't hurt to try & even if it didn't work - although I'm confident that it will work - then I will only lose a Shimano cassette & I have MANY of those anyway! Also, I am able to convert the solitary 32h 571 rear hub (which obviously requires the threaded outer cog upon the proprietary freehub) to a 571/2 freehub, as I own a NOS 571/2 freehub that will swap over directly & then provide me with a spare 32h 571/2 rear hub!!

I must admit that the amount of Mavic components that I own these days is rather obscene & in most cases, is FAR more than required to build up my 5 'tout Mavic' builds (eg 8 x 305 headsets, 8 x 840 rear derailleurs, 8 x 851 rear derailleurs, more than 10 x 631 & 631/2 cranksets & 7 x 610 bottom brackets, too many 860 & 862 front derailleurs & God only knows how many 821 shifters (both the traditional steel frame & composite frame versions) & Mavic 820 & Simplex SLJ shifter, 440 & 451 brake levers/calipers, 365 & 370 quill stems (the latter of these two is easily my favourite quill stem of all time, btw), 350 & 351 drop handlebars, 355 'bullhorn' handlebars & 357 TT handlebars I own but there's TOO MANY!!

How many Mavic hubsets do you have anyway, mate? Are they primarily the 501, 571, 571/2 or 571/2 HG style & do you have any 'proprietary' Mavic cassettes as this stage? And which builds are you using them upon, if I may enquire?

Thanks for your time & I really hope that you enjoy a lovely Xmas tomorrow, during Europe's very cold weather - whereas it will be VERY hot down here in Australia!!

Cheers & best wishes for now from "Down Under", Bertrand...Matt.
Old 07-09-20, 09:17 PM
TwoMotobecanes

Bikes: ‘76 Grand Record, ‘80 GrandJubile, Kestrel 200SCi, ‘92 Eddy Merckx Gran Prix, ‘92 B’Stone XO-1, Riv Rambouillet, Riv All Rounder, Waterford RS11E, Glen Erickson Custom, Rodriguez Custom Tourer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lavielemond
Bonjour Bertrand! Comment allez-vous, mon ami?

Thanks so much for your reply, my friend, I really do appreciate it. These days I'm actually very fortunate to own 3 x 32h 571/2 HG hubsets, 2 x 36h 571/2 HG hubsets (I just received a BNIB 36h rear 571/2 HG hub w/ skewer from another friend in France this morning, actually!) & a 32h 571 rear hub/skewer (so, it's the original 571 that requires the threaded outer cog, much like Shimano's Uniglide before they developed the contemporary Hyperglide design) & a 36h 571 hubset that came with a nearly new 14-23 Mavic 'proprietary' cassette. And finally, I also have 2 x 32h 571/2 hubsets with an extra rear 32h hub of this style as well, together with a nearly new 12-23 Mavic 'proprietary' cassette for one of these hubsets.

So I guess that I can't complain too much these days & soon I'm going to try to alter the sharp corners upon the spline pattern of a Shimano HG cassette (using a Dremel tool) in order to convert it to the undulating, more contoured shape of the Mavic 'proprietary' cassettes & freehubs (especially when I already own 2 x 'proprietary' cassettes that have the same shape, which I can copy), which can't hurt to try & even if it didn't work - although I'm confident that it will work - then I will only lose a Shimano cassette & I have MANY of those anyway! Also, I am able to convert the solitary 32h 571 rear hub (which obviously requires the threaded outer cog upon the proprietary freehub) to a 571/2 freehub, as I own a NOS 571/2 freehub that will swap over directly & then provide me with a spare 32h 571/2 rear hub!!

I must admit that the amount of Mavic components that I own these days is rather obscene & in most cases, is FAR more than required to build up my 5 'tout Mavic' builds (eg 8 x 305 headsets, 8 x 840 rear derailleurs, 8 x 851 rear derailleurs, more than 10 x 631 & 631/2 cranksets & 7 x 610 bottom brackets, too many 860 & 862 front derailleurs & God only knows how many 821 shifters (both the traditional steel frame & composite frame versions) & Mavic 820 & Simplex SLJ shifter, 440 & 451 brake levers/calipers, 365 & 370 quill stems (the latter of these two is easily my favourite quill stem of all time, btw), 350 & 351 drop handlebars, 355 'bullhorn' handlebars & 357 TT handlebars I own but there's TOO MANY!!

How many Mavic hubsets do you have anyway, mate? Are they primarily the 501, 571, 571/2 or 571/2 HG style & do you have any 'proprietary' Mavic cassettes as this stage? And which builds are you using them upon, if I may enquire?

Thanks for your time & I really hope that you enjoy a lovely Xmas tomorrow, during Europe's very cold weather - whereas it will be VERY hot down here in Australia!!

Cheers & best wishes for now from "Down Under", Bertrand...Matt.
Hi Matt, I might be able to help. I saw your note here as I was getting ready to ebay a bunch of things.

I have two of the complete 8 speed cassettes, one with maybe 200 miles on it and the other new with packaging (not necessarily still wrapped). One is 13-28 and the other 12-25 I believe. I have an elusive 16 tooth cog in one of the sets .....I also have two of the Mavic freehub bodies, one is new never used with the rubber sleeve and and the instruction sheet and the other one mentioned above has the 200 miles on it (no rubber sleeve...used it). Have a couple sets of the red spacers and one set of the blue ones.

I’m new here but used to be active on Classic Rendezvous 15 or so years ago and on the Boblist before that.

You can pm me if you are still interested in these.
Best,
Randall
Old 09-11-20, 07:09 AM
lavielemond 
LeMondster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
G'day Randall!

Mate, I am SO freaking sorry to have seemingly ignored your very kind & thoughtful email that you sent me two months ago now but I never received any notification from BF & as I completely shattered my left foot & ankle in multiple places about a week before you sent me your email (fun & games for me, eh?!), I've not been on here since then, as I've not even wanted to think about cycling too much when I'm unable to do it myself!! Anyway, I jumped down a 'rabbit hole' earlier today, while searching for some of John Tesh's music from the CBS coverage of the TDF from the mid-80s (& no doubt my user name betrays my extreme near-lifelong fondness for both Monsieur LeMond & La Vie Claire?!) & that led me to a thread re: his music...anyway, I noticed a red notification at the top right of my screen re: an unread msg, so I've only just read your lovely msg now - Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh & D'OH!!

Anyway campionissimo, I would still be VERY interested if you still have any of it available (hope it didn't head off to eBay by now but I fear that it may have) & if so, I also have a cousin in Seattle, to whom I have all of my purchases from US sellers posted & even better, she presently has a heap of my purchases from the past 6 months stored at her place right now, which I plan to have her ship to me pre-Xmas...

Thanks so much once again for the very thoughtful email, as well as for your time spent reading this typically verbose reply & I hope to hear from you soon, legend!!

Hope you're staying both safe & sane during this truly bizarre & entirely unprecedented time in al of our lives...?!

Cheers & best wishes for now from "Down Under", mate...Matt.
Old 09-11-20, 12:31 PM
TwoMotobecanes

Bikes: ‘76 Grand Record, ‘80 GrandJubile, Kestrel 200SCi, ‘92 Eddy Merckx Gran Prix, ‘92 B’Stone XO-1, Riv Rambouillet, Riv All Rounder, Waterford RS11E, Glen Erickson Custom, Rodriguez Custom Tourer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lavielemond
G'day Randall!

Mate, I am SO freaking sorry to have seemingly ignored your very kind & thoughtful email that you sent me two months ago now but I never received any notification from BF & as I completely shattered my left foot & ankle in multiple places about a week before you sent me your email (fun & games for me, eh?!), I've not been on here since then, as I've not even wanted to think about cycling too much when I'm unable to do it myself!! Anyway, I jumped down a 'rabbit hole' earlier today, while searching for some of John Tesh's music from the CBS coverage of the TDF from the mid-80s (& no doubt my user name betrays my extreme near-lifelong fondness for both Monsieur LeMond & La Vie Claire?!) & that led me to a thread re: his music...anyway, I noticed a red notification at the top right of my screen re: an unread msg, so I've only just read your lovely msg now - Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh & D'OH!!

Anyway campionissimo, I would still be VERY interested if you still have any of it available (hope it didn't head off to eBay by now but I fear that it may have) & if so, I also have a cousin in Seattle, to whom I have all of my purchases from US sellers posted & even better, she presently has a heap of my purchases from the past 6 months stored at her place right now, which I plan to have her ship to me pre-Xmas...

Thanks so much once again for the very thoughtful email, as well as for your time spent reading this typically verbose reply & I hope to hear from you soon, legend!!

Hope you're staying both safe & sane during this truly bizarre & entirely unprecedented time in al of our lives...?!

Cheers & best wishes for now from "Down Under", mate...Matt.
Hi Matt,
My notification email worked so thought I’d reply before I spaced it out. Actually I still have all the items I mentioned earlier. I got sidetracked after I sent my reply rebuilding the Grand Record and then tweaking the gearing on the GrandJubile .....so all the Mavic stuff went back in the storage container..... Not well organized but in one place along with most of the Mavic tool kit stuff I have.

Anyway...I’d be happy to part with it all. I have sold a ton of stuff on ebay over the years and it works but sometimes resellers get in and I’d rather get it to Seattle than ship it in bits and pieces everywhere. I do plan to leave the Seattle area in month or so and at that point it will be unavailable until summer next year. Good luck on healing the foot and stay safe.
All the Best,
Randall Nelson
Old 10-18-20, 05:54 PM
brucemck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
571 8sp cassette

Originally Posted by TwoMotobecanes
Hi Matt,
My notification email worked so thought I’d reply before I spaced it out. Actually I still have all the items I mentioned earlier. I got sidetracked after I sent my reply rebuilding the Grand Record and then tweaking the gearing on the GrandJubile .....so all the Mavic stuff went back in the storage container..... Not well organized but in one place along with most of the Mavic tool kit stuff I have.

Anyway...I’d be happy to part with it all. I have sold a ton of stuff on ebay over the years and it works but sometimes resellers get in and I’d rather get it to Seattle than ship it in bits and pieces everywhere. I do plan to leave the Seattle area in month or so and at that point it will be unavailable until summer next year. Good luck on healing the foot and stay safe.
All the Best,
Randall Nelson
hello Randall
do you still have a 571 8sp cassette available?
let me know, please
thanks
Bruce
Old 10-18-20, 06:44 PM
TwoMotobecanes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Bruce,
Yes, all that I said I had in the earlier post is still available.
Best,
Randall
Old 10-18-20, 09:26 PM
brucemck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
571 cassette

Hi Bruce,
Yes, all that I said I had in the earlier post is still available.
Best,
Randall
OK...
I think I'd be interested in the 13-28...
Let me know...
(you're a seattleite and still in the seattle area?
I have cyclist friends there...)
Bruce
Old 10-19-20, 11:45 AM
brucemck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
571 cassette

Hi Matt,

All the Best,
Randall Nelson
hi Randall
I'm unsure of the features-functions of this site...
tried to reply last nite, but seems not...

I'd be interested in the 13-28 cassette...

are you a seattleite, and still in Seattle? I have cyclist friends there...
I live in N central Florida...

Bruce
Old 10-19-20, 09:54 PM
TwoMotobecanes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Bruce,
I’m in the Seattle area for another week or so then gone for a good while. Let me know an email to use and we can go offline to figure this out.
Best,
Randy
Old 10-20-20, 08:18 AM
brucemck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
571 cassette

Hi Bruce,
I’m in the Seattle area for another week or so then gone for a good while. Let me know an email to use and we can go offline to figure this out.
Best,
Randy
hi Randy
I think that email addresses betw users may not be permitted with this site...
Bruce
bruce
mck
aol
Old 04-23-21, 06:56 PM
Richie1004

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Found anyone to sell to you?
Old 04-23-21, 07:22 PM
TwoMotobecanes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
Yes all these have been spoken for. Thanks for the inquiry!