Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

2018 allez 54 vs 56cm

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

2018 allez 54 vs 56cm

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-18, 06:01 AM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
2018 allez 54 vs 56cm

I'm pretty sure of the direction I want to go in, but figured it might be useful for other people looking at this particular model. The 2018 allez went more for an endurance style, shorter reach and higher stack, for example. My current road bike, a mid 90's raleigh, is a 56cm with a reach measurement of 39.5-40ish and a stack of 55. I had a fitting last summer and the fitter put my 120cm stem at +17, as I ideally fit on something with higher stack.

As for the Allez, the 54cm model has a reach of 380mm and stack of 570mm, whereas the 56cm model has 385mm reach and stack of 596mm. While I think I generally fit more into a 56, I'm feeling like the 54 may be better for me, as I do some racing so I don't want something too relaxed, and the 56 would seem to have me too upright. I used the bikegeo calculator the best I could (nice tool BTW, thanks for sharing here!) and the fit between my current road bike and the 54cm Allez appear to be pretty similar where I could get the stack to where I want without a comically steep stem (there's also the weight and better road feel associated with the Allez in comparison to my existing bike, which is why I'm even looking to begin with).

To add on, I have a 56cm cross bike that has a stack of 583 and reach of 380 and it's comfortable for me, but on the verge of being too endurance oriented, although it's great for my CX riding. Anyhow, I know people always have thoughts so feel free to weigh in!

https://www.bikegeocalc.com/#7Unname...9F172.5G30H30Z