Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Aerobars for a big guy

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Aerobars for a big guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-08, 09:48 AM
bburrito

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aerobars for a big guy

I am a big guy at 270 lbs. The problem is that I have the Profile Designs T2 aero bars for my bike and I have bent the wings holding the arm pads all the way down to my handlebar. Its gotten so bad that I have noticed that I am using energy to keep my arms from rolling over the top of the pad. Can you guys recommend an aerobar that might have enough burliness to support my size?
Old 04-01-08, 11:46 AM
stevefarns

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a 300lb rider and i use the profile airstrike bars. They fold up so you'd think they'd be a little more flimsy, but they actually rest on your bars when they fold down, so they have 2 points on contact when you're leaning on them. i've had them for about 2 or 3 years now and the only problem i've run into was the springs that keep the arm rests up giving out.... all that took was a quick call to profile and they shipped me out new springs, no questions asked.
i'm a big fan of these since they also allow me a few more positions to put my hands with the pads either up or down. it's a little bit of a gimic, but i kind of find it useful.
Old 04-01-08, 11:59 AM
cslone
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You might try the Sonic Strykes where the armrest is built in.
Old 04-01-08, 05:56 PM
bcart1991
Hip to the Game.

Bikes: Kona Lava Dome, Kapu 853

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have some Syntace with integrated, non-folding armrests that are pretty beefy.

They might be available soon.