Old 07-26-23, 09:19 AM
Raphii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike trip across Europe

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend Marie and I, Raph, are planning a bike trip of at least 6 months in Europe starting next September. We're both finishing our studies, and have had a burning desire for several years to leave France and travel on our own.

One of the aims of this trip is to raise awareness and share our knowledge on various themes linked to ecology, such as eco-tourism, self-sufficiency, reuse, food, sharing... Particularly through meetings in schools, or the development of participative workshops.

Through this objective, we'll be meeting local people and discovering new initiatives. We're therefore looking for people who might be willing to host us for a night or two, whether to pitch our tent or offer us a sofa, to share a discussion, help us discover a local dynamic, be it environmental, cultural, social, educational or agricultural, or even to travel a little way with us.

We'll be passing through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Georgia and Armenia. The itinerary is not definitive, but will evolve according to our desires and encounters.

So don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in the project, or if you know people we could meet during our trip !

PS: I don't have an instagram account dedicated to this project yet (not my thing, social networks), but it's coming soon

Raph
Old 08-07-23, 03:08 PM
Travelkide

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raphii
Hello everyone!

My girlfriend Marie and I, Raph, are planning a bike trip of at least 6 months in Europe starting next September. We're both finishing our studies, and have had a burning desire for several years to leave France and travel on our own.

One of the aims of this trip is to raise awareness and share our knowledge on various themes linked to ecology, such as eco-tourism, self-sufficiency, reuse, food, sharing... Particularly through meetings in schools, or the development of participative workshops.

Through this objective, we'll be meeting local people and discovering new initiatives. We're therefore looking for people who might be willing to host us for a night or two, whether to pitch our tent or offer us a sofa, to share a discussion, help us discover a local dynamic, be it environmental, cultural, social, educational or agricultural, or even to travel a little way with us.

We'll be passing through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Georgia and Armenia. The itinerary is not definitive, but will evolve according to our desires and encounters.

So don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested in the project, or if you know people we could meet during our trip !

PS: I don't have an instagram account dedicated to this project yet (not my thing, social networks), but it's coming soon

Raph
Slovenia is paradise for biking...you better plan your trip around it
Old 09-26-23, 06:31 AM
deimos25
700c

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
You will certainly enjoy the trip.
Check the EuroVelo routes if you haven't so far.
Old 10-10-23, 04:41 AM
Uros_Kona_Cro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Raphii, I would be curious to meet you two and join You on your route, I am planning to start going towards Turkey, from Croatia in few weeks, end of October probably.

So this part of this route or me would be possible to cycle together, or parts of...
"Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Georgia and Armenia" - qoute from your message!

let me know if you even see this..if not Good Luck have fun!
Old 04-10-24, 07:40 PM
bijosepke

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi Raph, how was your bike trip in Europe with your girlfriend? I am also curious if you have created some social media accounts that could probably document this trip of yours. Social media is also not my thing.

I am also planning a bike trip in Europe next year, but will focus on Southern part of Portugal. I’m aware Portugal is not part of your plan, but I was hoping somebody who have done this in the past can share their experience. The initial plan is to do a self-guided tour in the Algarve, but I am also open to suggestions on private tours with an English-speaking local guide. I came across https://gowithguide.com/portugal/guides and was wondering if somebody here had experienced getting their services in the past. Thank you in advance.