Dilligaf

Bikes: Orbea

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
I'm sorry that you are unhappy here.
What makes you think I'm unhappy? Au contraire - I'm very happy. I pointed out something that I think is wrong (namely, labeling people as "bandits and thieves" without any evidence), most people here agreed with me, I even got a couple of likes!

Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Please leave this thread.
Not sure why you want me to leave this tread, but since you said the magic word, I will.
Old 03-13-20, 09:35 AM
bikeme

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 31 Posts
I guess all this bantering on the thread is moot as the event got canceled last night at 6pm. I'm sure a lot of folks are bummed. The event director appeared to be in denial of a potential closure by the county as he boasted on the website that the ride was to go on "rain, shine, or the corona virus". I hope those of you who had lodging reservations could get out of them or refunded. As for event fees, no word yet and probably not for weeks. I'm still going up and visiting my friend and doing the route on our own. I'm sure others are doing it self-supported too. Have a safe, fun time if you undertake it.
Old 03-13-20, 10:05 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyNH
I found something really amusing on their website - a "Wall of shame". WTF! Looks like if you happen to ride your bike on these roads during their crappy event, you'll end up on their website, labeled as "bandit, freeloader, thief". What am I supposed to do? Obtain somehow their route slip and stay away from these roads? Or do they post signs "road closed to bicycles"? How about they close the road to cars? Then I might try to talk myself into doing that ride.
Randy Ice who runs the event is a piece of work. Did it in '15. The descent from Ballard Canyon for the last ten miles or so is one of my all time favorite segments. I may ride it again, but not the event, and probably less than a Century. Or. . . The Amtrak does have a stop in Lompoc.

(And you're not a freeloader unless you hit the SAGs)
Likes For CommuteCommando:
Old 03-15-20, 02:09 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
Well the ride fell victim to COVID-19 hysteria as the Santa Barbara Health Dept. ordered the permits suspended on Thursday thus cancelling the event. Wife & I left Thurs. evening & didn't find out until we arrived in Solvang. Had a nice if drizzly weekend anyway. Plus side less traffic on the freeways!
It's the end of the world as we know it- and I feel fine!
West
Old 03-19-20, 09:44 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
but wait...there's more!

https://bikinginla.com/2020/03/17/bi...piracy-theory/
Likes For diphthong:
Old 03-25-20, 12:18 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by ooga-booga
The organizer is a tool. I hope he is ruined financially.
Old 03-30-20, 10:37 AM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
The organizer is a tool. I hope he is ruined financially.
WOW, its been 2 weeks and YOU are still crying,, and youre calling other people Tools ??
Old 03-30-20, 11:50 AM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,960 Times in 943 Posts
One has to be a monumental piece of work to insinuate recreational riders, most likely not even aware of a Solvang Century route, are out on a ride on a well used cycling road and are labeled thieves. So screw him and the horse he rode in on!

Last edited by CAT7RDR; 03-30-20 at 12:37 PM.
Likes For CAT7RDR:
Old 03-30-20, 03:13 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Manny66
WOW, its been 2 weeks and YOU are still crying,, and youre calling other people Tools ??
It is 3 weeks and you are still crying. Read the posts above, no one likes you.

Here are some excerpts from the organizer's personal Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/randolph.ice). Shocker, he is also an anti-vaxxer!

The fake coronavirus epidemic has taken out 1700 people total in the USA. That's it?? Really?

If Americans do not wake up, protest en masse and rebel against the bogus pandemic NOW.........the word dystopian does not begin to describe what the government has planned. It will be Communism on steroids......complete slavery.

the virus is just the fake news cover story to keep the serfs distracted and in fear

Unfortunately everyone is brain dead and clueless. This nothingburger virus is a pretext to destroying the Western World and United States. It''s a cover for the Elites to destroy the fiat banking cartel
Likes For Tycho Brahe:
Old 03-30-20, 08:50 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
It is 3 weeks and you are still crying. Read the posts above, no one likes you.

Here are some excerpts from the organizer's personal Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/randolph.ice). Shocker, he is also an anti-vaxxer!

The fake coronavirus epidemic has taken out 1700 people total in the USA. That's it?? Really?

If Americans do not wake up, protest en masse and rebel against the bogus pandemic NOW.........the word dystopian does not begin to describe what the government has planned. It will be Communism on steroids......complete slavery.

the virus is just the fake news cover story to keep the serfs distracted and in fear

Unfortunately everyone is brain dead and clueless. This nothingburger virus is a pretext to destroying the Western World and United States. It''s a cover for the Elites to destroy the fiat banking cartel
O.K. then, 3 Weeks and You are still crying. And Now you're crying about the Corona virus,, you should start your own cryin' Thread ..Need some Kleenex son?
Old 03-30-20, 09:28 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Manny66 and Tycho Brache, let it go. The ride isn’t happening and all this is past. No more bickering