Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me with this model?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-20, 09:38 AM
Edub1985

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys. I have a Trek multitrack. It's a darker blue with Hollow white lettering and a grey shadow to the lettering. It's a 730 multitrack. I cannot find an image of another anywhere. Just curious what year and exact model this is? Thanks

Last edited by Edub1985; 01-16-20 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask..?..
Old 01-16-20, 10:36 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Edub1985
Hey guys. I have a Trek multitrack. It's a darker blue with Hollow white lettering and a grey shadow to the lettering. It's a 730 multitrack. I cannot find an image of another anywhere. Just curious. Thanks

What's the question?
https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...spx?item=60515
Old 01-16-20, 04:05 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Edub1985
Hey guys. I have a Trek multitrack. It's a darker blue with Hollow white lettering and a grey shadow to the lettering. It's a 730 multitrack. I cannot find an image of another anywhere. Just curious what year and exact model this is? Thanks
"It's a 730 multitrack"
So much for the model. The year could be narrowed down by examining the components, most of the time the components are engraved with the year of manufacture. many older bikes were offered in several different colour schemes, a particular combination could have been sold for several years. In addition, an older bike could have had many components changed over a couple of decades of use. The year of manufacture might not even reflect the year that the frame was built if Trek built up frames a year or more before they built them into bicycles
Likes For alcjphil:
Old 01-16-20, 06:56 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
Probably 1998 from this list of colors for the Trek 730 Multi-track at the vintage-Trek website
92, red with white decals
94, forest green with gold decals
95, ice green with white decals
96, ice fire (red) with gold decals, also dry ice green/dry ice blue fade with silver decals
97, gloss ice cream with blue decals, also gloss ice forest green with titanium decals
98, black with green decals, also cactus with silver decals, also Mediterranean blue/inkwell fade with white decals
Old 01-17-20, 01:07 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
Another clue as to the age is the frame construction. Trek went from brazed lugged frame construction on many of their steel bikes (primarily made in Wisconsin, I think) to TIG welded and much more Asian produced stuff in about 1994.