Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Do you Ride with a Dropper Post?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Do you Ride with a Dropper Post?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-16, 07:15 AM
LHawes

Bikes: Giant ToughRoad SLR1, Giant Trance 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pholuvr
So you blame too much caffeine for your lack of reading comprehension and your inability to quote (GREAT job figuring that out for this post though!!! Gold star for you!).

Got it.

I now return you to your ongoing amusing posts about "mountain biking" in a pancake state.
I'm curious as to why I found Osco's post perfectly readable, understandable and that it also made good points about dropper posts but you, pholuvr, find something in the post that you must confront, over and over. I know this is a forum and forums always devolve into these battles over nothing but still curious. What are you arguing about and who are you arguing with? Or do have the ability to fight with nothing over nothing just or the sake of fighting?
Old 11-28-16, 05:17 AM
fixedgearinker

Bikes: '01 Cannondale CAAD5 3000si, Framed Minnesota2 Fattie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been riding a Race Face (Easton) dropper this season on my single speed rigid Niner. I really like the post... prior to that I rode with a Thomson dropper for several years and that is also a great post. I can not speak to other brands as I haven't any experience on them but will say you can't go wrong with either of these two. I love my dropper, use it constantly. When I was riding geared I found I used the dropper more often than I used my rear derailleur.
Old 12-04-16, 09:06 PM
Heyspike

Bikes: 2017 Cannondale Carbon Synapse,2016 Cannondale Beast of the East, 2014 Cannondale CAADX, 1990's Specialized Hard Rock

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone, I ordered one and should be receiving it shortly. I can see how they would really help, we had some real steep drop offs today and I felt very top heavy going down them. A little lower and I would have had more confidence. My LBS is trying to get the one that comes on the Cannondale Beast of the East 1 (I have the BOE 3), but in the mean time I ordered the KS Eten Integra.
Old 12-05-16, 07:37 AM
hig4s

Bikes: Evil Insurgent, Giant Stance, Wife has Liv Cypress, son has Motobecane HT529

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Heyspike
Thanks everyone, I ordered one and should be receiving it shortly. I can see how they would really help, we had some real steep drop offs today and I felt very top heavy going down them. A little lower and I would have had more confidence. My LBS is trying to get the one that comes on the Cannondale Beast of the East 1 (I have the BOE 3), but in the mean time I ordered the KS Eten Integra.

With or without a dropper, the proper steep down hill form would be to get your backside behind the seat. The problem with not having a dropper is you can get hung behind the seat and end up crashing after you successfully negotiate the downhill because you can't get back on the seat.