Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Beer-hauling Bicyclist from Milwaukee staying frosty

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-20, 11:43 AM
EviLDORK

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, Canondale Synapse, Canondale Touring 1, Salsa Mukluk, Masi Uno, Trek 850

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

Greetings from Wisconsin where we have about half an inch of new slushy snow on the roads and the temperatures will hover around freezing today. I plan on riding around 10-15 miles on my "1990s beater" MTB commuting in this weather. Most of my bicycling is for practical transportation reasons, but commuting is only half of my miles.

I go on 70 mile tours up to Fond Du Lac in nicer weather. I occasionally go on 30 mile long beer runs and take a lot of pride in being able to haul a lot of beer around in my panniers. I also take a lot of pride in spending lots of time riding with my lady, who me helps with the consumption but not the transportation of the beer (yet). I fatbike the local mountain biking trails in the winter. I make extensive use of MUPs whenever I can, but I'm not afraid to ride city streets, suburban sprawl, or rural county roads. I've done some charity rides, some leisurely group rides, and a full week of RAGBRAI. I own a carbon road bike that I don't quite know how to use.

I started commuting on bicycle in the 1990s, but those miles tapered off to nothing for over a decade until I got back into cycling in 2012. I've even been car-free for more than a few years now, but I don't do it for the environment. I ride my bicycle for selfish reasons, because it's convenient and fun.
Likes For EviLDORK:
Old 01-23-20, 04:24 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
EviLDORK,
Welcome to Bike forums great people on the site with a lot of information to share and receive. I hate to mention this but out here I am wearing a T-shirt!
It sounds like you won't be suffering from dehydration during these cold winter months!
Welcome again, Ben