Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Really ProBikeKit?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Really ProBikeKit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-15, 01:43 AM
ravenmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hmmm - I used to order a lot from PBK and never had any issues. Maybe they've gone downhill since then. I just ordered some tires a couple days ago so I guess we'll see.
Old 08-02-15, 08:44 AM
FLvector
Stand and Deliver

Bikes: Cannondale R1000, Giant TCR Advanced, Giant TCR Advanced SL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I just ordered tires about a month ago. I got what I ordered with no additional charges in about 10-14 days.
Old 08-02-15, 09:03 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Yeah, I used to like PriBikeKit a lot. Over the years their prices went up snd customer service dropped. It's almost like their staff to handle inquires is the same size as it was when business volume was a fraction of the present.
Old 08-02-15, 09:10 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by TheManShow
Most people I know be they are greeter at Wal-Mart, or Registered Nurse woring in some hospital work hard for their money. There is no reason to give it away to some their party for no good reason.

I was out shopping for a new car today, it amazes me how the salesmen in some dealerships lie for the sake of making a few extra bucks on one sale. They also forget the golden rule of life. They forget someday they will be the buyer, and I do hope they are treated in kind.
Golden rule applies . . . until it's violated.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 08-02-15, 10:29 AM
Looigi

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
I am in Southern Ontario if I order from Wiggle it takes 4-7 Days. If I order from California or the Southern States it can take up to 2 Weeks. USPS is SLOOOOOW.
It's not USPS, it's getting through the US port of entry that's slow and variable. In my experience, USPS has been uniformly and reliably fast, especially when shipping across the country.
Old 08-02-15, 11:02 AM
TheManShow
Banned

Bikes: Old rusty bucket of bolts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nachoman
Golden rule applies . . . until it's violated.

For over 20 years I had a small business that provided service to Newspapers, Magazines, Corportations, PR Agencies, and I worked with 3 or 4 picture agencies who representated & sindicated my work over seas.

Most of the time when I got a call say from Time, Newsweek, or. There was no time to draw up a formal contrac for the assignmet or job. I work on something I called a verbal contract. About 99.9999% of the time I was paid per verbal agreement within 30 day of my invoice.

I remember buying cars when I need anew one for business as the old one was getting close to 130,000 mile or more. The guy I delt with would give me a price, give me a number for my trade off. Then we cwould haggle a little, and I would say deal. He would write the number down on paper, and in 6-10 weeks my new Tempo or Mustang would come in. A formal bill of sale was drawn, money would change hands, and nothing we agree upon and shook on ever changed.

Those were better days than today.
Old 08-03-15, 01:42 PM
JamesInSJ

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just had two PBK orders. 1st order was over $1k, shipped through PostNL, took about 2 weeks and no customs/duties impact (PostNL uses USPS Express Mail for US domestic transport). Other order was under $200, no tracking, delivered by USPS, no customs/duties impact. Given all my issues with PBK and customs in the past, these two orders have made me feel quite good about continuing to do business with them after a couple snafu's at the beginning of this year that almost put me off them for good (mainly, ordering larger quantities of things and having it charged against my CC while taking 2 months for them to get it in stock and ship).
Old 08-12-15, 02:03 PM
ravenmore

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just a quick update - I received my tires a couple days ago. I'd need to look at a calendar to figure it out exactly but 10 days sounds about right. No additional charges.
Old 08-12-15, 02:14 PM
Alias530
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ordered from Merlin a week or two ago and got my stuff in freaking THREE DAYS. But the UPS guy said I needed to pay some $23 payment or something for expedited customs processing and had me write a check on the spot. Weird.
Old 08-13-15, 06:10 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Alias530
I ordered from Merlin a week or two ago and got my stuff in freaking THREE DAYS. But the UPS guy said I needed to pay some $23 payment or something for expedited customs processing and had me write a check on the spot. Weird.
I've received stuff from Merlin freaky fast, too.
Old 08-13-15, 08:41 PM
blsplyr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Received my Campy Zondas today from PBK. Took 6 days to my door.
Old 08-26-15, 04:55 PM
jsocks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ordering with ProBikeKit is a risk unlike any other I've had to work with. While we all want to save money we sure question whether it was worth it after trying to work with their customer service. If you run into any problems you should immediately request a charge back from your credit card company. ProBikeKit and Air City Post, their international shipper, together have failed after more than a year to deliver a $542 order. These two companies in conjunction with US Customs have made my package conveniently disappear. ProBikeKit assumes no responsibility despite not providing any details of the extent of US Customs duty fees (minor) and the added Air City Post fees (extreme). Nor have they helped in getting Air City Post to return the package. Air City Post acknowledged that they originally had the package as they sent an email requesting payment of all of the fees or they’d return the package. I requested that the package be returned as their fees were unexpected and thus weren’t considered when making the order. I’m still waiting for the package to be returned. My biggest mistake was in trusting these two companies to provide a minimal level of customer service. Instead I got caught in their lengthy process of returns which exceeded the window of protest allowed by credit card companies.
ProBikeKit and Air City Post both gain financially by not acknowledging the whereabouts of my package. ProBikeKit doesn’t have to refund the order and Air City Post doesn’t incur any shipping costs for its return. Win-Win.
Old 08-26-15, 04:58 PM
Wileyone 

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 606 Times in 403 Posts
Originally Posted by jsocks
Ordering with ProBikeKit is a risk unlike any other I've had to work with. While we all want to save money we sure question whether it was worth it after trying to work with their customer service. If you run into any problems you should immediately request a charge back from your credit card company. ProBikeKit and Air City Post, their international shipper, together have failed after more than a year to deliver a $542 order. These two companies in conjunction with US Customs have made my package conveniently disappear. ProBikeKit assumes no responsibility despite not providing any details of the extent of US Customs duty fees (minor) and the added Air City Post fees (extreme). Nor have they helped in getting Air City Post to return the package. Air City Post acknowledged that they originally had the package as they sent an email requesting payment of all of the fees or they’d return the package. I requested that the package be returned as their fees were unexpected and thus weren’t considered when making the order. I’m still waiting for the package to be returned. My biggest mistake was in trusting these two companies to provide a minimal level of customer service. Instead I got caught in their lengthy process of returns which exceeded the window of protest allowed by credit card companies.
ProBikeKit and Air City Post both gain financially by not acknowledging the whereabouts of my package. ProBikeKit doesn’t have to refund the order and Air City Post doesn’t incur any shipping costs for its return. Win-Win.
How much were the "unexpected" fees?
Old 08-26-15, 05:18 PM
jsocks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wileyone
How much were the "unexpected" fees?
The US Custom fee was $1-2 and the Air City Post fees were $20-25. In fact the Air City Post fees are standard and ProBikeKit could post them to give customers ordering from the US an upfront disclosure on what they are.