Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Threaded to threadless headset adapter spacers?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-20, 09:43 PM
speyfitter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts

I have a threaded to threadless headset adapter installed (22.2 mm to 28.6 mm ). Looking for some spacers to put on the 22.2 mm section to make it look beefier, perhaps with a 22.2-3 mm ID and a 28.6 mm OD. Anyone know if/where you can buy them online, if at all? Preferably in black? Most shops carry spacers for threadless headsets which have bigger ID/OD obviously. Thanks!

Last edited by speyfitter; 03-24-20 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-26-20, 08:21 AM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2746 Post(s)
Liked 3,391 Times in 2,054 Posts
Make your own

T3R118125

https://www.metalsdepot.com/aluminum...num-round-tube
Old 03-26-20, 08:53 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
I'd leave it be. All it's going to do is creak and possibly damage the bottom shelf of the adapter/stem or the top nut of the headset. There's nothing to draw the stem adapter down onto the shim(s) and keep it in place once you start pulling on the bars. If you really want a clean looking conversion I'd look into the Innocycle deal that JoeJack sells. As far as the adapters go, I only use the Nitto MTC-04.

https://www.benscycle.com/Nitto-MTC-...SABEgKZKvD_BwE

Depending on what stem length you use and how much rise you need there are quill options like the Nitto Dynamic II zero degree stem. As far as I know it only comes in 120mm (the size I use).

Last edited by nomadmax; 03-26-20 at 08:59 AM.