Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Any Issues With Performance Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-16, 11:23 PM
workingthrewit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any Issues With Performance Bike?

I ordered Performance Ultra Bibs from there two weeks ago, and was shortly thereafter, notified they were on backorder.

Looking at my order details, and their website, I noticed the product is not available anymore. It looks like they may have came out with the latest year's model.

Why wouldn't I be notified about this, yet? I would think they would have refunded me, or just sent me a pair of the new ones on their site. What do you guys think?
Old 03-16-16, 11:35 PM
Dave Cutter

Bikes: '17 Access Old Turnpike Gravel bike, '14 Trek 1.1, '13 Cannondale CAAD 10, '98 CAD 2, R300

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1571 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by workingthrewit
I ordered Performance Ultra Bibs from there two weeks ago, and was shortly thereafter, notified they were on backorder.
Looking at my order details, and their website, I noticed the product is not available anymore. ......Why wouldn't I be notified about this, yet?
Who knows?!?! Maybe they are receiving the last of the vendors inventory and will ship from that? Maybe they are recalling all the aforementioned items back from the stores? Maybe... they plan on fulfilling their outstanding orders from what inventory is left at their Nashbar mail order business (they own that too).

Why not email them... instead of post here. Or even just call them! I've used both Performance and Nashbar for years. I think they are excellent.
Old 03-16-16, 11:53 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
They have a phone number for customer relations on their home page. Any time I've called they have been able to answer my questions. I've dealt with them in store and on-line and never had a problem. Good luck.
Old 03-17-16, 03:43 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Big fan here, always had them take good care of me.
Old 03-17-16, 03:51 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Years ago I ordered some closeout bibs from Performance. A few days later I was notified via email that they were no longer in stock, weren't coming back into stock, and my order was cancelled. I called them and inquired about a upgrade/replacement. I was told that they wouldn't offer an replacement and if I wanted the new model that I would have to pay the full price difference. I bought bibs elsewhere. No big deal.

We are moving this thread to our Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback forum.

Old 03-17-16, 05:13 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18398 Post(s)
Liked 15,494 Times in 7,317 Posts
Why don't you ask Performance?
Old 03-17-16, 11:27 AM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
I've always had good luck with Performance. On the rare occasion I've had a problem with a product I bought there it took more time to enter the details into the computer for the return than for them to decide to warranty the product. I even got a discount one day before I'd paid for something when I pointed out that the description on the internet didn't accurately describe the product.
Old 03-17-16, 12:43 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Gonna chime in again, I have had several instances where they took care of a problem before it even came up and went above and beyond, I love these folks.
Old 03-17-16, 03:19 PM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
No problem with Performance.Very happy with them.
I did ordered 4 saddles that went on sale for about the price I would pay for just one saddle from the LBS.
And one was WTB rocket something that was one I was looking at the LBS.
Old stock,received 3 out of 4.And refunded for the one that went of stock.

Now their website for updating info your account is not the greatest.
New address and credit card was entered,but it did not show up right away.
Had to make another account so I would not miss out on A few deals.
Old 11-20-16, 01:01 PM
qwksti

Bikes: litespeed C1R, GT GRADE carbon

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i love PB. ive been buying from them for a long time. never had any issues. ive even used stuff that i got on line, it went bad, and i took it to the store and they refunded my money or gave me a replacement no questions asked. great policy. i wish they had a bigger in storeselection and maybe more top of the line brand names and products. still i use them as much as i can.
Old 01-06-18, 08:12 PM
streetstomper

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Sorry for the necro topic, but I swore off Performance many years ago. They had a safety recall on some molded plastic bar-ends. I called up to get instructions to send them back. The inappropriately titled "customer service" rep demanded that I tell him the exact order date, which I couldn't remember because I didn't have the invoice anymore. All I knew was that it was recent enough to easily fit in the recall. You have my order history in your computer! You know I was the one who ordered them, exactly when I ordered them and when you shipped them. When they refused to tell me how to exchange the item, I threw it out and vowed to never buy from them again. And I haven't. Obviously, my safety was not important to them.
Old 03-10-18, 07:10 AM
IamAlan

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Sirrus Carbon Comp, 2006 Bianchi Veloce

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been very happy with Performance, both with their on line store and the local brick-and-mortar.
Old 03-10-18, 10:14 AM
nzhu

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by workingthrewit

Looking at my order details, and their website, I noticed the product is not available anymore. It looks like they may have came out with the latest year's model.

Why wouldn't I be notified about this, yet? I would think they would have refunded me, or just sent me a pair of the new ones on their site. What do you guys think?
Don't order from them.
Old 03-10-18, 02:13 PM
elcraft
elcraft

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by streetstomper
Sorry for the necro topic, but I swore off Performance many years ago. They had a safety recall on some molded plastic bar-ends. I called up to get instructions to send them back. The inappropriately titled "customer service" rep demanded that I tell him the exact order date, which I couldn't remember because I didn't have the invoice anymore. All I knew was that it was recent enough to easily fit in the recall. You have my order history in your computer! You know I was the one who ordered them, exactly when I ordered them and when you shipped them. When they refused to tell me how to exchange the item, I threw it out and vowed to never buy from them again. And I haven't. Obviously, my safety was not important to them.
I had a similar experience with Performance. I had acquired an unbranded baby trailer that needed one of those triangular pennant flags on a nylon rod (its use mandated by my spouse!). I discovered that Performance sold an identical trailer, most likely sourced from the same Chinese factory. I asked their customer service if I could buy a replacement pennant. They demanded to know when I had purchased it, i.e., " the exact order date". When I told them it was gifted to me by my neighbor, after he no longer needed it, they demanded that I find out when he had ordered it. I repeated that I wanted to just buy a replacement at full cost, with no attempt to invoke some sort of warranty or implied obligation on their end. They flatly refused to help me! I managed to find a suitable replacement an LBS. So I didn't pursue the matter further, nor did I pursue any sort of commercial relationship with Performance as a result of this needlessly officious treatment.
While I know that they are the same company as Nashbar, I continue to use Nashbar as I have since it's inception as Bikewharehouse, BITD. Nashbar has never jerked me around the way that Performance did. These days, I tend to use the remaining LBS's to try and keep them alive for those service jobs that are only occasional; crank retapping, frame alignment or refacing services. Only once they cannot supply me with something that I look to internet/mail order houses for product. Of course, since my needs tend to the C&V end of things, Performance or Nashbar are only good for consumables.