Notices
Juniors Racing (All Disciplines) Entry level and/or 23 and younger here's where yo can mix and learn.

Training and gear advice?

Old 01-27-18, 05:52 AM
daisy27

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Training and gear advice?

Hi, I’m new to racing. I’m 14 years old and female. I’ve just joined a club, where we cycle around 60km on a Sunday morning. I’m unsure of what other training to do during the week. I have around an hour free for cycling on Mondays, Tuesday, Fridays and some Wednesdays. What should I be doing? My first competition is at the end of March and it is a 50km closed circuit race. Also, any recommendations for a pretty good road bike under £600? Any good helmets under £60? In addition, I don’t know if I’ve posted this in the right forum or under the correct name so please forgive me if not :/ Thankyou so much, I know this is a lot to ask!
Old 01-27-18, 11:45 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Hi Daisy,
Most that post here are in the USA. We also have some in the UK, Netherlands, but not a lot. Hopefully someone will jump in.

If you can - find a club and ride with them. If you plan to race that means riding with others. Search for clubs, look at local coffee places on Saturday and Sunday AM and see if the cyclist are starting. Also see if you can find races. Maybe you can go there and look. Internet search UK cycling events etc.

Yes - there are good helmets under 60GBP - even with shipping. Always look at shipping.
These are a good, off brand. EKOI CORSA EVO White / Red helmet