Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Ponte Vedra to Daytona, FL advice needed

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 08:49 PM
billonmidwatch
not a climber

Bikes: road bikes '85 Italian steel 2x6, '95 USA titanium 2x9, '00 folder 1x7, '07 Taiwan carbon 2x10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Next week I'm riding through Jax, to Ponte Vedra, then continuing to Daytona. I'm planning to take A1A.

My previous experience of Florida in the summer is to expect brief, maybe intense, thunderstorms. And near the ocean, expect more breeze in the afternoon than morning.

Any other ideas?

Bill
Old 05-30-09, 09:49 AM
teacherbill

Bikes: Cruzbike Conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have ridden the road you are about to travel. On occasion I have resorted to the side walk within some of the more populated areas. Suggestion on time of day would be the earlier the better. I have been rained on about every day for the past week, all around 4:00 to 5:00. My commute home time so I didn't have too many choices.